Angel food cake french toast

laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
Ok, sounds weird, BUT this morning I had a weird craving. lol I took some sugar free angel food cake, wal mart brand which is 60 calories for 1/6th of the whole cake. I used 1/3 of the whole cake, sliced it really thin and soaked it in eggwhites and cinnamon., fried it up with nonstick spray and topped it with thawed out frozen raspberries that I cooked down and smushed up. it was SOOO delicious and so easy. Probably could have just used regular old syrup, but the raspberries really did it for me..lol

Replies

• laurenk182004
    Ok, sounds weird, BUT this morning I had a weird craving. lol I took some sugar free angel food cake, wal mart brand which is 60 calories for 1/6th of the whole cake. I used 1/3 of the whole cake, sliced it really thin and soaked it in eggwhites and cinnamon., fried it up with nonstick spray and topped it with thawed out frozen raspberries that I cooked down and smushed up. it was SOOO delicious and so easy. Probably could have just used regular old syrup, but the raspberries really did it for me..lol
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Ok, never in a million years would I have thought to do that!:laugh: Sounds good, in a unique way.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    wow.. interesting. you should like send that in to a recipes book company or something:happy:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    didn't even know about that wal-mart 60 cal angel food cake. just that sounds good, but the french toast sounds even better! :happy:

i'll probably be trying it!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Is that the angel food cake that comes in loaf size? Or the round one.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Ha! Lor, I started laughing until I realized you were talking about pre-baked. I kept thinking
    "does she really think the mix comes in shapes?" :bigsmile:

I'm such a dope sometimes.:embarassed:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I've been craving for angel food cake and this sounds so good to me right now.
    Here's a french toast recipe that I posted a little while ago.. maybe you can play with both recipes and come up with an even more yummy dish!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/5764-chocolate-and-strawberry-stuffed-french-toast

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    It's a round cake, it comes in strawberry too for the same calories, but I like the plain. You guys really should try making french toast with it. Not to be gross though, but that much sugar free stuff gave me a bit of gas today...lol i think it's sugar alcohol or something. Sorry to gross you out, just thought u should be aware that u might toot a little after eating it...lol :laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    That sounds so good. I wish I could try it.:sad:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    walmart changed the sugar free one I always buy to a dinky one with double calories and higher price. but when I can find the old one, I slice it and toast it with sugar free jam. its very good. never thought of french toast. now I am making my own angelfood. :sick: its not the same.