Beautifully flawed

Options
DangerSass
DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
May, 2011 I found myself sitting in my closet boo-hooing because I was miserable in my own skin and NOTHING fit. I would love to blame the weight gain on having had 5 children but really it was me and my lifestyle that got me to 205 pounds. How could I have let this happen? I couldn't keep up with my children, I was tired and out of breath, swimming was out of the question (are you crazy? Wear a bathing suit!!!) I didn't want my hubby to see me naked, heck, I didn't want to see me naked.

I started like most on here, plugged in my numbers, wanted the weight gone asap, ate less, drank water, and walked as fast and as much as I could, weight fell off at a nice clip. I did eat my exercise calories, but looking back I should have upped my calories by a few hundred because imo MFP sets you a little low. I was netting around 1400 a day. I am 5' 9" and was hungry all the time (duh). After 25 pounds fell off I decided to learn how to run and began the C25K program in August 2011. The first time out I thought my heart would explode. 60 seconds of running and I was dying, but I kept pushing myself. I was in pain, sore and at times didn't think I had it in me. I finished the C25K program out of sheer stubborness October 2011 and weighed 169. I kept reading and seeing other post about calories and how much to eat and realized my body needed more. I wasn't eating enough so I began eating around 1600-1800 cals net. I weighed 159 by Christmas, but I wasn't totally thrilled with some of the changes, sure I could run and found enjoyment in that, I looked pretty good in clothes, people were noticing, but I knew I could do better. Strength training was the missing key and l found my way to the free weights aka man cave section of the gym, this changed everything for me. Lifting heavy like a beast, now weighing 149 and wearing size 4/6 jean, I am so happy with my results. Recently I have taken up boxing, another challenge and something I never thought I would do. I still run 4-5 miles about 2 days a week or box, I lift heavy 3 days a week and I eat like a boss, 1900-2500 a day. This summer I rocked a bikini (in my head I rocked it).

I'm not done, I want to be stronger, faster, and better. My goals now are more fitness related. I am comfortable in my own skin and I know I am beautifully flawed, some things I cannot change but the things I can, I will. Just watch me.

IMG_0599-1.jpg

Rocking my bikini this summer.
IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1763.jpg

Happy being beautifully flawed.
IMG_1686.jpg

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    love your posts. You are beautiful. Inside and out. And so damn inspiring. :love:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So amazing, Sass. You are so amazingly awesome!
  • hope76579
    hope76579 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for the encouragement.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Sass you're my hero!
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic achievement.

Truly wonderful
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great =)
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!!

*Did I spell that right?*

You look awesome!!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Sass!!!!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    2 Words:

Con...gratz!

Thanks for sharing, some people get into desperate moments, and this is something that can keep you going!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but you look fabulous!!! Wonderful transformation! :bigsmile:
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

Edited to add: you have gorgeous eyes.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Very honored to call you friend!!!!! You have done so very fantastic and are such an insperation to so many! Thank you for allowing me along on the ride and thank you for all the insperation!
  • CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment & motivation.

I lost close to 75 lbs before getting pregnant, put on some weight quick the first trimester but have been stready since with little weight gain to "play catch up" in a healthy way. I am glad I lost the weight first because I had been heavy my whole life but knowing that it can and I DID do it, I am hoping after our little one is born I can get back to where I was on my journey & continue.

Today was my first day back at the gym since May-ish because my husbands boys were with us for the summer and it was a slow start but it felt good to be there and today was a motivated Monday to just even get back.

Thank you so much for sharing your story!! Continue strong on your journey.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    this my dear is one of the reasons that I :heart: you! You are truly amazing...flawed or not!

*hugs*
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, thanks for sharing and congrats
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, glad those tears were a good motivation to rocket you into successes!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I was just sitting here tonight feeling sorry for myself because I have reached a spot where I am stuck in my weight loss/ healthier me journey. Thanks for reminding me not to give up and just keep trying. You are a beautiful person both inside and out. Thanks again for sharing.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    RIGHT-FRIGGIN-ON!

Awesome post! Isn't it fun once you A) realize that you have control, and B) take that control and make yourself into what you want to be?

Keep up the good work. The maintaining is a journey in itself =)
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You are beatiful! Congratulations on all your successes! What an inspiration!
    I think I'll give running on the treadmill another try tonight maybe my heart wont explode after all :ohwell:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Absolutely stunning - you sure rocked the bikini.

I love this story - and you are an amazing inspiration!!!

Congratulations to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!