One NSV a day, what's yours?

Options
So I was feeling really discouraged today. I've gained 4lbs, ate crap this weekend (pizza, Sonic, cookies, Buffalo Wild Wings) and haven't been exercising as much as I like.

I'm doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women program, and am on week 4. I haven't noticed any difference in my measurements, and was feeling like nothing was happening.

Then I looked at my log sheets for the past 4 weeks...

I can now deadlift, and squat over 100lbs.

Screw you scale and measuring tape. I am stronger than I was 4 weeks ago, and that's what this is really about.

What NSV (non-scale victory) did you experience today?

Replies

• camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Wore my blues for the first time in six weeks today, and I had to tighten the belt. Those damn things are clearly meant to be worn by people with 5% body fat, so I'll take all the help I can get.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lost another .8lbs today...which is 2.8lbs in like....3 days? :bigsmile:
  • AnnaShakesItUp
    Options
    I've gone 12 hrs without a nap.... normally I can't go 6 hrs without a nap. I'm usually up at 7am, nap around 1p up at 4/5p and sleeping again by 11/12p.... Oh and today was my first day going to a gym for the first time ever.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I've gone 12 hrs without a nap.... normally I can't go 6 hrs without a nap. I'm usually up at 7am, nap around 1p up at 4/5p and sleeping again by 11/12p.... Oh and today was my first day going to a gym for the first time ever.

Great job! Pretty soon you will dread the days you don't get to go to the gym!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends I have not seen for a while looks at me and told me that i'm getting more cut. :D
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends I have not seen for a while looks at me and told me that i'm getting more cut. :D

That's always awesome! Great work!