Trying to lose it...again. Anyone have over 50 pounds to los

alexandrazenas
alexandrazenas Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Well, here I am yet again. A little less than two years ago, I lost about 60 pounds. As of today, it appears I've gained about 50 of that back. (This is far from the first time I've lost and gained it back.)

So here's to trying again. I look forward to offering support and encouragement to any of you who are experiencing the same frustration, and I'm sure having your support will be a key to my success, as well.

I look forward to getting to know you all better!

-Alexa

Replies

• Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    You did it the first time, you can do it again! :D We're with ya! And thank you for the support to us in the same boat. :)

What do you think triggered gaining the weight back?
  • JUICRC
    JUICRC Posts: 9 Member
    Well I don't have as much to loose but I have done this at least 6x, lost the same 10lbs. So lets stick to it, lose it and then lets do at least 6-12 months of Maintenance so we get how to keep it off!!:wink:
  • Gaining weight is a curse, but losing it is a skill. Since you have done it before, chances are very good that you will do it again.

Hank
  • Hey I am trying to the 20 pounds I gained back. I am down 15 so far. You can do it
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Here's to trying again- a little older, and a little wiser. :drinker: You'll probably have set-backs along the way (we all do), so when you do, just let it go, and move on. If you need a few more calories some days, don't sweat it too much- as long as you have more good days than bad, you're going to lose the weight. Good luck. :smile:
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    LAST YEAR AROUND THIS TIME I LOST LIKE 20 POUNDS BUT I WAS DOING IT FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS,LIKE JUST TO IMPRESS MY EX:devil: .SO ONCE I REALIZED HE WASN'T WORTH IT I KINDA STOPPED.NOW IM BACK (20 POUNDS AND ALL:grumble: ) AND IM DOING IT FOR ME THIS TIME!!! VERY EXCITED.THIS WAS MY FIRST WEEK BACK AND I I FELL BACK A FEW TIMES:sad: BUT I JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT I DID IT ONCE AND I MOST DEFINITLY CAN DO IT AGAIN:wink: .SAME FOR YOU TOO.GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!:heart::drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

~xxPrncess Brexx~~
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Hi
    I started this journey in September and I have lost 13 pounds so far. I am seeing others that started when I did and they have lost twice as much as I have, I get anxious and want the weight to come off faster. This is a lifestyle change that I want to be permanent. Smaller portions is my biggest adjustment. I have been loosing 1 - 2 pounds a week. This will take me a year to get to my goal weight. MFP friends are an amazing support. Wishing you success on your goals.
  • mmsp
    mmsp Posts: 1
    I am new here and I have 70 lbs to lose......I have lost 80 but gained back30 because of the stress in my life....I am going to lose the lose plus more ...and make this my life style. I on in this with you and know how hard it can be especially at my age 60!:smile:
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Alexandrazenas: Hi there! Been there, done that, just like many of us have!! I'm in the same boat - I just signed up a few days ago. I've lost track of how many times I've lost weight and gained all or most of it back. This is the most I've gained back ever, though. So here we are again! We can DO this thing! We've proven to ourselves that we can lose the weight, so let's take it one step further and prove that we can keep it off!

mmsp: and welcome to you too! My sister just joined MFP and she'll be 60 next month. She's still a gorgeous thing, and has so much to live for with her children & grandchildren, lots of friends, etc. I'm hoping she'll pop into these message boards to inspire and be inspired, but right now, she's just logging her food & exercise. I wonder how much "belief" has to do with it - if you believe it's going to be really hard to lose weight at a certain age, it comes true, but if you "believe" you're getting younger and more resiliant every day, your body will respond. (I'm hoping that's the case because that's the theory I'm trying.)
  • Im in the same boat! I lost 55lbs about 2 and a half years ago and since then I have gained it all back and then some! I just started my journey to lose it again and I've been at it less than a week and already down 6lbs! We can do this...AGAIN!
  • I am in the same exact situation.. you're not alone. We can do it :)

276222.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • PatB52
    PatB52 Posts: 65
    I've lost 55 lbs. and 30 lbs. at a couple of different points in my life. I could stand to lose 100 lbs. but I'd be really happy with 75-80. It's going so slowly, it's really hard to visual my being able to stick to it long enough to reach my goal, but I really do want to. I'm setting short term goals to start. My first goal is 10% of my starting weight and I hope to meet that goal by the first part of January. I've been working pretty hard at this since July.
This discussion has been closed.