Keeping up the momentum

Options
Hello everyone!

I am excited to have found this site! My boss told me about it a while ago but I didn't really check it out until today. Actually, I checked out the app for my iPhone and fell in love with it immediately. It makes tracking what I eat and my workouts very simple. That was definitely something I was looking for and I'm glad I found it!

Currently, I march with a competitive drum and bugle corps so I am very active on the weekends. However, during the week, I have a desk job. That's not a bad thing as I love my job but it isn't very conducive to weight loss and being active. As the drum corps season winds down with finals in 3 weeks...I'm looking forward to ways to keep myself active until it starts up again in November and beyond.

So, I joined a gym and decided to keep myself active during the off season so when we do start up again...I'll be ready for it.

So, what are my goals?

I'm glad you asked! :tongue:

I hope to lose, at least, 25 lbs before rehearsals start again in November and 62lbs overall. I didn't want to wait until this season is over, so I'm starting now. I know, for me, that keeping track of what I eat and the cardio and strength training I do will help me tremendously. I also know that I will need motivation to keep going. I'm hoping I can find all of that here and also be able to lend my support as well.

If anyone is looking for support and motivation, maybe we could help one another out in that aspect. At the very least, I'm a great cheering section! :drinker: I hope to "meet" many of you and to hear about your journeys as well!

See you around MFP!

Replies

• georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! I love this site. Add me if you want motivation and support!! And work hard!! (I would say good luck...but luck has nothing to do with it!)

Cant WAIT to see your progress
  • AllyBird82
    AllyBird82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I used to march in a summer marching band, and did flagline through high school and part of college. I miss those days, and still love a good drum/bugle corp show!

I've send you a friend request, so that we can help keep each other motivated!

Have you started going to the gym yet? What sorts of exercise do you like to do?
  • aprlshwrs
    Options
    Thanks, AllyBird82!

Definitely need the motivation!

I have started going to the gym. In fact, I had a trainer "walk-through" of the equipment last week. Today was my first official day so I'm just getting warmed up. Today, I worked on arms and did some basic cardio (treadmill...walking) to warm up. However, I also plan on playing racquetball and volleyball at the gym as well once drum corps season winds down. Right now, I'm so sore Sunday night through Tuesday that it's all I can do to get my legs moving after a weekend of corps. :tongue:
  • Inyosi
    Inyosi Posts: 19
    Options
    Sounds like great exercise :) Welcome and maybe we can keep each other motivated!