What makes you move your body?

Options
Today is my third day using the Nike+ FuelBand and I have to say, it really does encourage me to move more. Admittedly, I'm not breaking any land speed records, but I have to meet that goal every day. What makes you move your body?

Replies

• juliespears
    juliespears Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Since I'm in the military, my mantra to get off my duff is to tell myself fitness is part of my job description. It definitely works!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My trainer always says "Look around. Who's your competition?" Even though I'm not a particularly competitive person, this makes me look for someone stronger than me, fitter than me, and working harder than me, and pushes me to want to work as hard as I see them doing it.
  • matthewrabadue
    Options
    Were planning a trip to Florida in the spring. I am NOT going in the shape I'm in now. i wanna look good when I'm down on the beach. Im not tearing it up a lot yet. I spend my first break in the gym at work on the treadmill for 10 minutes at 3.5 and a 4 on the incline. then last break do the same. then at nite im doing between 10 and 20 minutes on the exercise bike. Those 30 to 40 minutes a day Im doing now are 30 to 40 more then I was doing a month ago so I think I have a good start!
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    I love the feeling after I work out. That keeps me moving.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    " You won't get the results you want if you don't move"
    " Will I regret not going later?"
    " What will I achieve by staying in bed, awake, for another half hour"
    " What can I eat with my excercise calories tonight"

One or all of those go through my head whenever I dont want to get up and exercise :)
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    “In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.”

Henri Frederic Amiel

That. I WANT to be free. I haven't felt free in a long time.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Seeing results.
  • elliemae207
    Options
    I've tried, "For my health." "To lose weight." These generalizations didn't work for me!

This time I am saying, "To rid of my high blood pressure" and "To rid of 90+ lbs." I've given myself concrete goals, both short term and long term.

I enrolled in a swim class which starts in the fall, and hope to be able to say by the end of the year that I no longer need my HBP meds! As for the 90+ lbs, it's a plan I need to work on for a year, maybe longer.... I'm keeping it real. These goals keep me moving!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I've tried, "For my health." "To lose weight." These generalizations didn't work for me!

This time I am saying, "To rid of my high blood pressure" and "To rid of 90+ lbs." I've given myself concrete goals, both short term and long term.

I enrolled in a swim class which starts in the fall, and hope to be able to say by the end of the year that I no longer need my HBP meds! As for the 90+ lbs, it's a plan I need to work on for a year, maybe longer.... I'm keeping it real. These goals keep me moving!

SPECIFIC goals should be THE first step in determining an exercise regime.