Funny things kids say

Options
SherryTeach
SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
I teach 7th and 8th grade and today my students were doing a project that required that they look up historical events that took place during their lifetimes. Some decided to look up presidents and when they were elected. One girl called me over to her computer. "Was he a president?" she asked, pointing to a name on the screen. I looked at her the name. Josiah Bartlet. She was on the website for West Wing.

Replies

• KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    One day on the way in to the grocery store, my son (then 7) reads the sign aloud: "shirt and shoes required". He then looks to me and asks "does that mean we don't have to wear pants?" God, I love that kid!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    This morning I told my five year old cousin that we were going on a ferry ride. She was really excited but seemed kind of confused once we got to the dock. When we got back, she told her mom "We didn't ride on a fairy. It was just a boat!" How disappointing!
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I teach 7th grade.. Texas History. Before that it was 6th grade science. Some of the stuff is hilarious!!! Where are you that you are in school now? We start in two weeks!

My son... .a hundred years ago... age four, learning to read: "WHY is there a P in saghetti?"

Other son... a few years later: "I wanna be a psychic when I grow up." After much discussion he meant he wanted to be a SIDE KICK, he wanted to work with Batman. Go figure.... I told him to aim higher... BE BATMAN!!!!

:)
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My youngest son once proclaimed to me that "Moms don't take naps!".
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    tonight my 3 year old son told me "mommy you have big boobs" "yes honey because im a girl" "ya you have big boobs and i have little boobs" so innocent it just cracks me up.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    It cracks me up every time one of our boys gets old enough to understand Thomas the Tank engine, because without fail when they go attempt to say "Percy" it comes out all wrong...
  • clynettehaynes
    Options
    my aunr was keeping her grandkids for a week and they had never been to church before. they wanted to whisper and play and she told them they had to be quiet because they were in God's house. They got very quiet for a minute. then one of them looked around and whispered..."which one is he?"
  • clynettehaynes
    Options
    It cracks me up every time one of our boys gets old enough to understand Thomas the Tank engine, because without fail when they go attempt to say "Percy" it comes out all wrong...
  • clynettehaynes
    Options
    yes. my neices and nephews do that too. it is very funny when they mention it in front of company. we have lots of explaining to do.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    "I MUST HAVE BEEN ADOPTED"!!!!

"WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I ADOPT YOU"?

wasn't funny at the time, but we laughed about it later :laugh: