Question about pepperoni chips?

Options
obsidianwings
obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
I have heard about people making pepperoni chips in the microwave. I guess some fat would render off in this process, so how do log it? Do you just log the pepperoni and take the fact that it might be lower cal as a bonus? Or is there a way to work out the new cal info?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I would just log the pepperoni.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    fat is yummy =]

add some cheese, dip it in marinara, and its like low carb pizza.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    fat is yummy =]

But animal fat isn't that healthy...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    fat is yummy =]

i do not agree with this, but to each their own.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Sounds delicious, but thinking about having it as a small smack with some kind of cottage cheese dip tonight :)
    If I don't get an answer I will just log the pepperoni, better safe than sorry, but I'm a stickler for being precise LOL.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    fat is yummy =]

i do not agree with this, but to each their own.

Well, it increases the risk of gestational diabetes, which can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes.
    http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jan2012/nichd-25.htm/

"Now research suggests that too much saturated fat may be problematic, even if your cholesterol isn’t high, because of its possible effects on insulin functions, potentially raising the risk of diabetes, cancer, ovarian disorders and other health problems."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12867692/ns/health-fitness/t/more-reasons-cut-back-saturated-fats/#.UCnjMLSJef4

There's plenty more if you do some quick research. But, believe what you want. It's your health, not mine.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What I do is weigh the pepperoni on a food scale after it comes out of the microwave and log that amount in MFP. All of the weight lost during cooking is fat. You will still end up logging more calories and fat than what you actually ingest because the majority of calories in Pepperoni is fat. I have found I lose about 50% of the weight. if I put 1 oz in, after microwaving it is about .5 oz. Make sense?? I eat this as a snack all the time. I have found Boars Head pepperoni has the best flavor.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Thats what I ended up doing the other night, although wasn't sure if that was a good way to do it or not so thanks for that. Think I will stick with that way from now on. i have to buy some more pepperoni on the weekend because my partner was jealous of my snack LOL