Calories burned with Step...can this be right?

Options
2»

Replies

• emphoto2003
    emphoto2003 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! Everyone on this site is so helpful and nice! This is def. a new journey for me.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    i dont even burn that many on the elliptical for 45 minutes though. lol maybe im doing my step wrong

Really? I do 400 calories on the elliptical in 20-30 minutes usually.

The readout at the end says I would burn 950 calories an hour and I'm 220lbs.

I usually do a 400 calories on the bike in about 30-40 minutes as well. Which works out being a 15KM or more bike ride.

That is why I think the OP could burn 500+ calories in 30 minutes.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That's easily possible...I burn about 100 calories every 5 minutes on the elliptical and i'm about 265lbs. Definitely not inconceivable that you burned over 500 on your stepper.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i dont even burn that many on the elliptical for 45 minutes though. lol maybe im doing my step wrong

Really? I do 400 calories on the elliptical in 20-30 minutes usually.

The readout at the end says I would burn 950 calories an hour and I'm 220lbs.

I usually do a 400 calories on the bike in about 30-40 minutes as well. Which works out being a 15KM or more bike ride.

That is why I think the OP could burn 500+ calories in 30 minutes.
    sadly its true. time for me to up my game
  • alvinder_kaur
    Options
    if you are doing steps and find it too high calorie that u burn off...i normally log in 30 minutes steps but actually im doing 60 minutes steps with same rest intervals... so its like making sense ....

n since i started working out, i didnt eat my exercises calorie before... just that i have to learn to eat clean....
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That's kind of weird. I have a Timex HRM with a chest strap, and I'm thirty pounds heavier than you. When I average 145 bpm, I burn about 600 calories in 30 minutes. You should be right around 500-ish if we account for the weight difference. Obviously, this is loose math, but I'm fairly confident your HRM is way off for some reason.

The "able to talk but not sing" method is good. I haven't heard that in a while. :) I used to do that before I got a HRM. I learned it when I used the Firm workout a million years ago. That was always one of their guidelines.