MY house is disappearing under the snow!!!

Options
Go to my home page to see a bigger version of this picture. I swear if we get one more flake of snow I will not be able to see the front of my house. Well actually we cant see it now.. What you are looking at is the front of a 24x60 ranch home. The front of the home has two very very large over sized gliding windows. Where are they? Good question.. The snow on the ground litterally meets the snow on the roof. The crack of dark you see is the only part of the house that is still visiable. AND Maine is expecting more snow on Saturday..help!

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Go to my home page to see a bigger version of this picture. I swear if we get one more flake of snow I will not be able to see the front of my house. Well actually we cant see it now.. What you are looking at is the front of a 24x60 ranch home. The front of the home has two very very large over sized gliding windows. Where are they? Good question.. The snow on the ground litterally meets the snow on the roof. The crack of dark you see is the only part of the house that is still visiable. AND Maine is expecting more snow on Saturday..help!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!
    I'm not a big fan of snow so I think I'd check into a hotel:ohwell:
    Think warmth... spring... summer.... sun!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Holy Moley!!

I'll quit complaining about having to climb over a two foot drift in order to jaywalk.:wink:

You must feel like a hobbit, or whatever else lives underground.
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    WOW!!! and Holy crap!
    And here I am praying for more. I'd better be careful what I ask for!
    I' say the bright side is that shoveling burns lots of calories, but you don't have anywhere to shovel it!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    "Daaaaaanng!" (as Joe Dirt would say)

That's a lot o snow.

Thats weird, I live in MA and we haven't gotten anywhere near that much. I mean, it's been a rough year by our standards but.....nothing like that. Just another reason for me to move away from New England (along with the taxes, the high cost of living, the bad traffic, the high cost of living...:tongue: , the rudeness, the senior senator from MA, the Junior senator from MA, the high cost of liv... ):sad:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    "Daaaaaanng!" (as Joe Dirt would say)

That's a lot o snow.

Thats weird, I live in MA and we haven't gotten anywhere near that much. I mean, it's been a rough year by our standards but.....nothing like that. Just another reason for me to move away from New England (along with the taxes, the high cost of living, the bad traffic, the high cost of living...:tongue: , the rudeness, the senior senator from MA, the Junior senator from MA, the high cost of liv... ):sad:
    I used to live in CT(Danbury & Bristol) for a few years and I agree with you about the high cost of living and especially the rudeness:noway: But it's GORGEOUS in the Fall.:happy:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Being canadian and away from home and all, it makes me miss home !!!
    that is how i remember the winters as a kid. i just want to get in the snowsuit and jump in it
    or better,.. go ski !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there, it does melt ... eventualy
    may
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I LOVE IT! I'm from Alaska, and that just looks like home to me :wink:
  • RhondaV
    RhondaV Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It makes me cold just to look at that. I send you only warm thoughts! I'm in south Texas and can't even relate to that kind of winter --- well, we did get some snow 3 years ago - it was called the South Texas Miracle - first snow in 30 years! We were in the 80's this weekend. Hope you get warmer very soon!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I take back all my complaining I have been doing about the rain and the weather being in the 50's and also the fog.
    That is CRAZY:noway:
    How do you get out of your house. Do you have a door on your roof like the houses in the hills do here in CA.
    Keep warm:drinker: We are going to be in the high 60's and low 70's this week. I wish I could send some your way.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    We were dumped on in southern Michigan but we are experiencing fast melting.
    good news!
    I would check into a hotel with a hot tub and a gym... :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    We were dumped on in southern Michigan but we are experiencing fast melting.
    good news!
    I would check into a hotel with a hot tub and a gym... :wink:

Where are you in Michigan? I used to live in Troy, it was about 30 min outside of Detroit.

Now down in Va...and we had flurries all day, and it was FREEZING, and yesterday it was 50 degrees! :sad: That's what I get for living on a mountain I guess.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    For some strange reason the doors on the ends of the house are clear. Well the door we use of course gets shoveled an so on. The door on the kitchen end which we do not use all winter stayed very clear of snow. So we are not trapped but the pics sure looks like we are. I am very tired of going to a window to look out and being blocked by a wall of snow. Cant wait till its over. Send me some warmth! lol
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Warmth Warmth Warmth to you:bigsmile: