What setbacks have you overcome today?

Options
At risk of sounding all "holier than thou"...! :tongue:

Life has been against me lately. Last week I came down with an awful flu, and bronchitis. I've been recovering slowly, but it's been difficult to feel good when I can barely speak, sleep, or breathe without a sore throat and coughing. I persevered, though, and managed to stay at my calorie count (or very, very close to it!). Today was the first day that I felt well enough to work out, and it started pouring with rain while I was out jogging! Still, I kept running.

It'd be nice to know that I'm not the only one that life is throwing curve balls at. What have you guys overcome recently? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nicely done, illness is the hardest time to keep within limits, either cant stomach it or want to eat all of the things.

Today i havnt had a cigarette yet, thats something i suppose.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Chairless. I have nothing today but its only been 3hrs. Any day my children stay healthy and I don't binge is a win. Yesterday was a win.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    my back and arms hurt but i still went for my hour long walk :D
  • jenna0215
    Options
    Nicely done, illness is the hardest time to keep within limits, either cant stomach it or want to eat all of the things.

Today i havnt had a cigarette yet, thats something i suppose.

WOO HOO!!! Congrats!!! That's a lot to be proud of! One day at a time!!! :-)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm very fortunate that the set backs in my life recently have no affected my weight loss. I have been involved with moving my 92 year old mother from independent living to assisted living and this is a woman who does not take change well. She still views herself as young and independent even though she gets lost consistently trying to find her apartment.

I just spent the last weekend with her and it was very stressful. My food plan went to hell in a handbag, but I have to let everyone know that when i went for my weigh in this week I had lost 4 pounds!

So, even though the rest of the month is going to be just as stressful, I feel that I can manage the challenges that will come up.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Well, I normally get off the train a couple of stops early and walk the mile or so to work, but I hurt my knee quite badly last week and 'reopened an old wound' (tore my ligament about 7 years ago).

Still did the walk though, just a low slower with lots of hobbling.