Well, I made an honest woman out of myself

Options
When I first signed up at MFP several days ago, I didn't even want to weigh myself for a starting weight, so I guessed it at 220. A couple days later, I weighed myself, and found that I was 223. So I revised my starting weight. Yesterday, I weighed myself and had dropped a pound. I was happy about that. This morning, I wanted to admire the pound loss, so I got on the scales and was sitting right at 220. ha ha ha!

I know weight fluctuates, and we mustn't weigh ourselves constantly. Believe me, I do know that. I have thrown my scales out before and have gone without them for years. And I have tried to lose weight and have not been able to resist the scales for more than a couple of days. I've been gaining and losing weight for almost 30 years now - never on fad diets, because I can't bear to deprive myself (part of my problem, I guess). I know what works, I just don't know how to make myself stick with it for more than a few months.

Anyway, didn't mean to go on this long - just wanted to share that I'm now down to my imaginary starting weight!

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    aww thats great well done!! xxxx :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    You can do it!
    Come here & MFP will help you stay motivated.
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!