noodles

Options
I love noodles and add them to soups, stir fries etc. Am I missing a trick? Which noodles should I be buying? Which ones are low fat?

Replies

• Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can check on line...I use miracle noodles, spaghetti squash and julienned veggies...i.e. zucchini, Jicama. Sometimes you can create an illusion of noodles. Doesn't taste the same but sometimes it works.:wink:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    You can check on line...I use miracle noodles, spaghetti squash and julienned veggies...i.e. zucchini, Jicama. Sometimes you can create an illusion of noodles. Doesn't taste the same but sometimes it works.:wink:

Is there a way to prepare miracle noodles so that they don't taste like eating a smiley piece of rotten fish? I just can't find a way to make these so that I'll be able to eat them.

Kelp noodles are pretty okay, but they have more of a crunch, not so good for spaghetti. Stir frys are great with them.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    *Slimey piece of rotten fish. Not smiley in the least bit.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    With the miracle noodles or shirataki noodles you have to RINSE RINSE RINSE. THey smell awful until they are rinsed VERY WELL. THen they are ok. Just ok. They sort of feel like you are chewing rubber bands, but at least they don't taste fishy any more.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    With the miracle noodles or shirataki noodles you have to RINSE RINSE RINSE. THey smell awful until they are rinsed VERY WELL. THen they are ok. Just ok. They sort of feel like you are chewing rubber bands, but at least they don't taste fishy any more.

Yeah... I tried rinsing... Under really, really hot water... For a long time. Still couldn't get over the fishy taste. I guess they're just not for me. I really wanted to like them.
    Bean sprouts are pretty okay. Still, not for spaghetti. More for stir-fry's.
  • monroekm
    monroekm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Fiber Gourmet noodles. They have about 40-50% fewer calories and they're REALLY high in fiber. I still have to watch portion size, but it fulfills the need to have pasta because I can't tell the difference between that and regular pasta. I order it online at http://www.fibergourmet.com/Default.aspx