Starvation Mode ???

Options
Hoping for some advise... I'm well over-weight need to lose like 50 pounds.. Been a bit lazy and snacking alot over 2 years...yikes... Anyway, I started myfitness pal to thin-down for all the basic reasons - health, clothes, look good for my man..started exercising more and tracking my food/exercise...and its says i'm way below my calories it has set for my goal, and that I may fall into - Starvation Mode...and not lose any weight. I eat about two meals a day, with fruit in between. However I have split sleeping hours about 4 hrs twice. Does anyone have this issue, if so....any tricks???

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing in starvation mode the way it is talked about here, but if you are getting that message from MFP, you are eating below 1200 calories. Regardless of starvation mode or not, you should be eating at least 1200 for good nutrition (unless you have something else worked out with your doctor.)
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Eat 2 to 3 servings of fruit every day, at least 5 servings of veggies and plenty of protein. If you are getting all that and staying below your calorie goals, you should be fine. I would still aim for a net of 1200, but that is to make sure your body gets all the nutrients it needs.
  • wclassy
    wclassy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can eat 1200 calories.... :smile: when I log my exercise it adds more to my daily the allowed calorie in-take..