So Upset

Options
Well, I started Monday and lost 17 lbs in a week. THEN I go out with my family to one of those all you can eat places and gained back 7.

When will I ever learn - or will I?

Replies

• melliz73
    Options
    I understand the feeling. The important thing is to start fresh and refocused today and move forward. Making major life changes like these are hard...there are bound to be a few stumbles. You are doing great...keep going!
    :flowerforyou:
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey dont dwell on it we've all been there where you lose a lot then gain some back.
    Your doing really well! Try not to let it get you down and keep going!

xxxxxx
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Its probly water weight, 17 pounds in one week means for had a net total of -59500 calories that week under your maintenence calory level. and gaining 7 pounds at one cookout would mean consuming 24500 calories more than your maintenence calories at one dinner. I think you may rupture your stomach if you had that much food.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Numbers are so stupid.

Yes, that's my mature opinion. LoL :laugh:

I'm upset this morning, too, so I have nothing nice to say about the scale. I went out to dinner on Tuesday with my family, and found out this morning I've just barely worked it off...

It's frustrating. But, I think every time this happens I come one step closer to learning that one evening of enjoyment is NOT worth the next week of working it back off. :grumble:

I won't be "cheating" again anytime soon. That's for sure. Anyway...

It's highly unlikely you actually gained seven pounds, but no matter the cause for the increase, it's frustrating all the same. I guess I'll take my own advice when I tell you to stay strong and don't let yourself fret over it... keep doing what you know is right and you will see the pay off! :wink:

Good luck :happy:
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Eating out means lots of salt thus water retention. You should be down and a day or so.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I know what you mean. We went to claim jumpers and I ate a grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad. Not bad? Well, I have a wheat allergy and spent the night so sick I am fighting through up this minute. This is not good for me and I'm going to miss a party this afternoon.

So yesterday was then and today is now! All that water weight will go and I believe that if you eat really well today, you will be fine. Just remember what a good meal it was and let it go!:smile: kc
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    it will not be that easy actually not at all to put on that amount of weight in a week let alone in a sitting, several weeks into maintaining that weight loss it would take a considerable amount of effort. WoW you must of put away a lot of food to achieve that feat of several pounds. I'm impressed and also a little scared at what you can do when you put your mind to it. That must of been an incredible bill. :wink: