Heart Rate Monitor Watches

Options
Hi People,

Does anyone know of any really good heart rate monitor watches? I want to find one that tells calories burned which is calculated against height, weight and sex so it is accurate! If anyone knows of a strapless one that would also be good. Im trying to get a better ideas of calories burned.

Thanks.

Replies

• rdlangy1
    rdlangy1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Most polar watches are very reasonably priced, and work very well...

sigma are also good ones...
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    To get a really good accurate calories burn, you will need one with a chest strap. I have a polar ft4 and love it!!!
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 and love it! The Polar website has a chart that shows the features comparing their various models, all of which typically get good reviews. Mine does have a strap and it's my understanding that the most accurate ones will have a strap.

Heartratemonitorsusa.com typically has good prices.

Good luck in your search!!
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    I love my new Polar FT4. But, it does have the chest strap, honestly I don't even notice it once it is on. It is only around $60 and you can change the battery in it yourself, whereas the other models you have to send the watch in. It does all those things you want and It keeps track of all your training sessions, too. It's great!
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    +1 on the Polar FT4
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I haven tried any others but I love my polar FT4.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Pay the extra money and get one with a strap. The watch type alone does not track your heart rate accurately. I have the polar Ft4 and love it, you can't even feel the strap and I have worn it under every type of clothing.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of finding one too. I can't recommend a good one but I can say that the solo 960 was not that great. I am about to return it after just using it for a couple of days. It was complicated to set up, and to get your heart rate you have to touch the metal for 5-10 seconds before it gives you the rate. If you are exercising that'd just be annoying. Also I haven't figured out where it says calories burned. It claims to count it but I haven't been able to find that function. Also, if you do get better reviews for this one and want to try it, buy it online. I bought mine at sports authority and it was $100 and online the most expensive I saw was $65.00
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodymedia.com/What-is-BodyMedia-FIT

its not a hrm but it is measuring calories burned. Havent tried it my slf but some of the reviews are quite interesting. it is an armband no chest strap required.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR70, love it, and I can even sync my HRM details with my BodyBug Portal, integrates with my iPhone (via a little dongle) so I can use it with either the Garmin App or MapMyFitness. It's great, I love it.
  • Shines97
    Options
    Hi there

I just purchased a Polar FT7 HRM for £62.21 on Amazon with free next day shipping, I have just started my Insanity 60 Day Challenge so I brought it to help me track my progress and intensify my workouts ;)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT7 and its freaking awesome. Helps with working out and keeps you honest with your calories...

the chest strap isnt annoying... sometimes you barely feel its there.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My poalr FT4 arrived yesterday! Got great reviews but it does have the strap, quite comfortable though. www.heartratemonitorsusa.com fress shipping and the best pricing I have found anywhere.
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    bump
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I personally use a Polar FT4 and love it. It's reasonably priced as well. I purchased mine through bodytronics.com for under $70.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi People,

Does anyone know of any really good heart rate monitor watches? I want to find one that tells calories burned which is calculated against height, weight and sex so it is accurate! If anyone knows of a strapless one that would also be good. Im trying to get a better ideas of calories burned.

Thanks.

Polar ft40 with a chest strap, I LOVE IT!
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Just got th Polar RS100. Am very very pleased. You're going to get a lot of info on all these Polar watches. Look on the website, as one poster wrote, to see the list of things each watch does. Whatever you choose, you need to wear the chest band to get anything near accurate in calorie counting. Happy hunting!
  • NearlyThere2011
    NearlyThere2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I <3 my Polar FT4 :)
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    polar you cant go wrong i have the ft4 & it works perfect for me
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR70, love it, and I can even sync my HRM details with my BodyBug Portal, integrates with my iPhone (via a little dongle) so I can use it with either the Garmin App or MapMyFitness. It's great, I love it.

This sounds so cool!