Does writing count as cardio?

Options
TheGoblinRoad
TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
About to spend 6 solid hours writing today, hoping to complete another chapter of my current novel.

This means no gym!

Typing burns 1,000 calories an hour, right?

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Novel.. could this be part of NANOWRIMO?
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Not officially, because I don't believe in posting drafts online for people to read. They'll have to wait for the final version, same as the last book. However, I AM using National Novel Writing Month as encouragement to get at least another 3rd of (or the first draft) this book completed.

I need discipline! :)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    How about posting & surfing? :wink:
    I couldn't find them on the exercise data base.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    w00t!!! Write, write write! Your fans are anxiously awaiting the next chapter! BTW I keep thinking that you should get your wife on here, not because of the weight thing, but just so we can meet her too!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    I'm progressing! Taking a 15 min break. Definitely feeling better about it this morning.

Fans, though...I bet my fan base is a whopping 50 people. :) I've only sold altogether about 120 books and half haven't read it yet, and about 10 seem not that into it (granted, they admitted in advance that fantasy isn't their thing, but they wanted to be supportive)

I tried to get my wife to join once, but she's just not into anything in the social media realm. No AIM, no Yahoo messenger, no facebook, and so on.

k, back to work. Thanks for the support! :)
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a writer and am suppose to have my two childrens books ready for an editor to go over in jan.

I have worked on it, nil! Too busy with kids at school. If you love to write like I do, then being at peace and happy with what you like to do will give you the energy to exercise later. I gotta BIC this coming week.

BIC? Butt in chair. be blessed, kc
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    About to spend 6 solid hours writing today, hoping to complete another chapter of my current novel.

This means no gym!

Typing burns 1,000 calories an hour, right?

It sure does as long as you're on a treadmill walking that is,lol or even on a incline still cause you have to balance yourself out. hahaha Nah! But really yeah cause you are using your brain a lot hopefully. :wink: Good Day Sir I Said Good Day.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    w00t!!! Write, write write! Your fans are anxiously awaiting the next chapter! BTW I keep thinking that you should get your wife on here, not because of the weight thing, but just so we can meet her too!

another chapter finished! will take lunch break (breakfast burrito goodness!) then back to it.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hot Sauce, Blazing or Lava? :laugh:
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You do know that you don't have to post anything on NaNoWriMo, other than a word count, right? And when the month is over, make a copy of your novel, scramble it so it's not readable, and submit it for the official word count. :smile:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    :) I'm not sure it would serve a purpose for me. :)