Restarting this- Looking for others for support

Options
2»

Replies

• dreamhill
    Options
    Good start! Feel free to add me as well. I will relish in those "Rocky" moments with you. I am finding myself looking forward to my walk/runs more than ever now; especially after wearing my heart rate monitor and typing in those calories burned into MFP
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me... I'm on here daily... and always try to leave positive comments if I can squeeze in a few mins!
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im here for anyone who would like to add me :) I love making new mfp friends and we can all support each other!

~~Lisa
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Feel Free to add me!!

I feel the MOTIVATION pain!! I did really well before my wedding and then didnt stick with the new lifestyle after the honeymoon and then got preggers quickly...that was 3 yrs ago! I have been trying to get back into it for awhile now and slowly but surely, I am getting there!

WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
  • SigningMomma
    Options
    Hi! I lost 141 lbs, but after having a baby and losing my mother, I've gained about 50 lbs. So here I am, doing my best to get back on track! I'm with you! Feel free to add me! We can do this!

Dawn
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! (I'm adding you now.)

I often talk to my closest friends and family members about my journey, and although they lament that they're trying to lose weight and get in shape too (and several of them have been pretty successful), they're not really doing it alongside me. I don't know why it is that people feel the need to diet alone. I think there's a saying about how dieting is the loneliest feeling. I can't remember how it goes.

Anyway, I had a huge NSV yesterday and I was so disappointed that I was the only one that was so excited about it (my husband was happy for me, but he's a human garbage disposal, doesn't ever have to worry about his weight or endurance/energy, and doesn't understand my frustrations). The only other one who was excited with me was my puppy. :-) No one likes to celebrate alone!!!
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    I would love to befriend you!!! add me please ,good luck!!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sue and I have been on here since March 2011. I am 55 years old and weighed 197 when I started. I lost 47 pounds but gained back 7. Because of my age, my weight loss is very s-l-o-w. If any of you are serious about giving support as well as looking for encouragement feel free to add me. I am on vacation this week so I won't be very active on here until next Monday. I hope I don't gain too much while I am away. I don't even want to go but have no choice. Everybody have a nice day. Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • slimfitin40s
    Options
    Hi there! I am brand new here also. I just decided I have to start taking care of myself as well as I take care of those I care about. I dont know how to add a friend on here yet but please feel free to add me.
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I had my aha moment in January! I am always on and try to be encouraging and motivational!!! Anyone else feel free to add me as well!!!! You can do this girl :)
  • donsoccermom
    Options
    I restarted in june, I too said I would not reach a certain high, but I did. mine was 199, I usually could not stop eating and snacking out of bordom, I have an office job. I started reading a good trilogy (???) and then I stopped snacking. I have lost 25lbs so far. I didnt know it at first, while reading I lost 13 lbs, well that was my jump start, I wasnt gonna give up after that. YOU CAN DO IT. DONT CONCENTRATE SO MUCH ON IT. find something you love to do and that keeps your mind off food. I will be here for ya!!! good luck girl, your beautiful and I know you can do it. keep us posted!!
  • NeeneVa
    NeeneVa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the walk! This is my first day back logging in. I really need to get back on track. You might find thisarticle helpful (link below) - it is so my story - only I wait until I have gained 30-40 lbs before I start doing anything about it. By that time I am so disgusted with my self that it really starts a downward spiral.

Good luck with your goals!!

http://robbwolf.com/2012/08/08/going-going-started-handful-chips/
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as a friend! I have lost 34 lbs and have a lot more to go. My goal is to lose 115 lbs total. I eat well most days but I am not afraid to have a treat either. I just figure it into my daily calories and exercise harder to get it. I am not dieting I am changing my relationship with food. This is the slowest I have lost weight but it is also the first eating plan I have had that I feel like I can do for the rest of my life. I have done low fat, low carb, severe calorie restriction and so on in the past and have lost lots of weight quickly. But, I always felt deprived so I could never stick with it. This time will be different. I am loving how strong feel. I workout about 4 to 5 days a week. I am supportive to all my friends on here and I would like be an encouragement for anyone who needs it.
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was at the same point at almost 300 a few years ago but then I was able to lose 40 easy during my first year of college and keep it off, now I want to get to about 200 or less. Just stick to it and you will have no problem shedding the weight! The biggest motivation comes from the scale I believe, seeing the results.