So...cold...

Options
2»

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Well next time I'm here I will wear a sweatshirt or something...but for now I've got nothing but a lab coat and it is not warm at all...paper thin...and I can hardly type at this point. My right hand is like ice. i have to keep sitting on it.

So say something to her?
    If you're not comfortable bring it up to her...

"Hey, I am freezing, can we maybe turn the AC up for a bit"

Quit making things so difficult...

So the few times I've done this (asked if I could turn the air down), I was in a room of middle aged women who all laughed at me and I do quote when I say they replied "You're in the minority...sorry. We're all roasting in here. Bring a coat next time."

This individual is a middle aged woman so hot flashes are not unlikely...she may need it to be this cold, but while she's not in the room, I see no need why I have to be cold.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain!!!

I work in a big open plan office and in summer when its nice outside the air con gets turned right down!! I sit right under one of the vents and have a constant cold breeze down my left arm! Its torture!!!

We all complain about it but the thermostat is controlled by the managers who are in and out of the office so obviously when they come in from outside they want it nice and cool....I live in my fleece at work (which luckily they provide!!)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Well next time I'm here I will wear a sweatshirt or something...but for now I've got nothing but a lab coat and it is not warm at all...paper thin...and I can hardly type at this point. My right hand is like ice. i have to keep sitting on it.

So say something to her?
    If you're not comfortable bring it up to her...

"Hey, I am freezing, can we maybe turn the AC up for a bit"

Quit making things so difficult...

So the few times I've done this (asked if I could turn the air down), I was in a room of middle aged women who all laughed at me and I do quote when I say they replied "You're in the minority...sorry. We're all roasting in here. Bring a coat next time."

This individual is a middle aged woman so hot flashes are not unlikely...she may need it to be this cold, but while she's not in the room, I see no need why I have to be cold.

Well then I guess deal with it. If you can't even ask, then you will never know..
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm actually sitting in office with my jacket on right now cause the AC is on too cool :laugh:
    I'm not gonna complain since I'm changing office room next week :wink: But if I would be staying in this room for longer, I would say something.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It sounds like in your mobile work environment this is not a highly uncommon situation. I would keep a black, white, or grey cartigan in my car for situations like this, and just leave it there.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to do that from now on.

I did speak with her politely and she turned it off. She just thought it was a bit stuffy.

Thanks all.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain,
    I find that i'm always cold in the office,
    i keep 2 jumpers here, i often have to layer, or wrap one around my legs.
    i would try asking politely, the worst that can happen is she will say no and you're just as cold as you are.

if that happens, try doing some excersise to warm yourself up.
    jumping jacks, running on the spot, pushups.
    go for a stroll and make a cup of tea/ coffee (offer to make your office mate one, it might warm her up too)

just try to get the blood moving

good luck
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I always keep a sweater on the back of my chair, and I have a little space heater under my desk. As it's not your office though, I would definitely just start keeping a sweater handy in your vehicle for instances like that. I don't like confrontation, I always wait for my coworkers to leave the room and then I turn the a/c off completely! :-)
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    As a skinny freeze baby in a sea of menopausal women, I keep a blanket, extra scarf and fingerless gloves at my desk year round. It's the only way I can be semi-comfortable and still perform my job duties.