Quitting work is the best thing I've ever done so far.

Options
I wasn't sure I'd ever say this, but I am so glad I left my job. Sure, I've got no income right now, but I am virtually stress-free (and what little stress I do have doesn't become anxiety). My health is improving drastically, and I am getting back down to my "normal" non-anxious weight for the first time in a year. On top of that, I finally have the drive to get things done. As soon as I reach my weight goal, I'm talking to someone at Arthur's Beauty College and going to see what steps I need to take to enroll -- mind you, a month ago I swore I would never go to school. GOD, I'M SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    good for you..that's exciting. It is a brave move to quit a job and do what your heart tells you.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Why wait until you meet your weight goal? Unless it's like, a week away.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Yeah, why are you waiting, do they not allow overweight people at Arthur's Beauty College? Don't wait, go get your life together now! =)
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why are you waiting, do they not allow overweight people at Arthur's Beauty College? Don't wait, go get your life together now! =)
    I'm just waiting because if school turns out to be more stressful than I expect, I want to wait until I'm at least most of the way down to my goal so it won't muck anything up for me! I doubt it could be as bad as my job was, but I just want to take the precaution. <3.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I guess you have to do what works best for you. Best of luck to you! =)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm just waiting because if school turns out to be more stressful than I expect, I want to wait until I'm at least most of the way down to my goal so it won't muck anything up for me! I doubt it could be as bad as my job was, but I just want to take the precaution. <3.

Just do it! What are you waiting for? Beauty school is fun! Start your life! DON'T let your weight hold you back!
  • kelpud
    kelpud Posts: 14
    Options
    Well done, i did a similar thing a long time ago, best thing ive ever done, i dread think what state id be in now if i'd stayed.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    Options
    I definitely appreciate the support, everyone, but I still feel sure I shouldn't go yet until I get this cleared up first. Everyone's got their reasons~!
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I quit one of my two jobs today. It was the hardest thing I have ever, ever, ever done. I cried for weeks just trying to make the decision and bawled like a baby when I walked out the door for the last time today. It was the right thing to do because I have to move on and let go of the dream of ever being a full-time teacher. (I graduated with a 4.0 and rave reviews from all of my supervisors with a degree to teach history, and I've been trying to find a full-time position for three years. I keep losing jobs to football coaches who can't even tell me what the Battle of Hastings is. It is clear it's not going to happen for me, and I need to make a career change. Heart-breaking, because this is literally the only thing I've wanted to do since I was 5 years old, so I'm giving up on a 20-year dream.) I loved my co-workers and my students and that school.

That being said, I have been trying to make myself feel better by reminding myself that I'll have more time to run and train and focus on improving for races. Plus I'll have more time to cook when I get home instead of grabbing something and spending the night on lesson plans...

Not really helping at the moment, but one day soon it will.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    Options
    I quit one of my two jobs today. It was the hardest thing I have ever, ever, ever done. I cried for weeks just trying to make the decision and bawled like a baby when I walked out the door for the last time today. It was the right thing to do because I have to move on and let go of the dream of ever being a full-time teacher. (I graduated with a 4.0 and rave reviews from all of my supervisors with a degree to teach history, and I've been trying to find a full-time position for three years. I keep losing jobs to football coaches who can't even tell me what the Battle of Hastings is. It is clear it's not going to happen for me, and I need to make a career change. Heart-breaking, because this is literally the only thing I've wanted to do since I was 5 years old, so I'm giving up on a 20-year dream.) I loved my co-workers and my students and that school.

That being said, I have been trying to make myself feel better by reminding myself that I'll have more time to run and train and focus on improving for races. Plus I'll have more time to cook when I get home instead of grabbing something and spending the night on lesson plans...

Not really helping at the moment, but one day soon it will.
    Oh, I'm so so so sorry, sweetie! I hope you one day go back to it or find something else that you'll want to do just as badly one day. But yes, you will have more time to work on you, and to enjoy you and the people around you. <3. It may not feel good right now, 'cause everyone's different, but maybe you'll appreciate this time later. I really hope the best for you.