Benefits of weightloss

Options
TrailRunner61
TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
So far, since I've lost 40+lbs, I've had many things change. What have you noticed with your weightloss?? Here are just a few of mine.

Best of all, I've been able to completely drop one blood pressure medication and recently started a lower dose of the last one.

I have no indigestion!

My knees still sound like popcorn walking upstairs but they no longer hurt.

I can wear a seatbelt correctly and actually feel my collar bone under it.

I have hardly any clothes now, donated most of them to Goodwill and have a new found love for Under Armour.

I HAVE to exercise, love sweating and if I don't, I miss it.

I have sooo much more energy and can hardly sit still anymore. Hyper is what one of my kids calls me! That's a big difference from a year ago when I'd sit around all day using my laptop.

I did C25K and enjoyed it. :)

I'm happier and finally feel attractive again.

I have lost over 40 inches, nearly 9 on my stomach alone.

All of my blood tests for triglycerides, cholesterol, etc. have improved significantly.

I am no longer considered pre-diabetic.

My own Dr. asked me how I lost weight!

I'm teaching my entire family (including 90+ nieces and nephews!) how to have a family function that is not focussed entirely on food!

I no longer get out of breath just walking up one flight of stairs.

I've walked/jogged/biked and swam over 700 miles so far this year. (Goal of 1,000 miles for St. Judes)

My husband noticed my weight loss and joined me! That means soooo much to me.

I know it's not right but people who used to ignore me, talk to me now. I can't even imagine not talking to someone because they had gained weight and weren't as attractive but people are like that.

I've met a lot of awesome friends on here who have supported me! Thank you pals!

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful day brightening post!! Congrats to you on such an outstanding accomplishment!

For me, lower (and now normal) blood pressure has been the grand prize. I did not want to have to go on medication.

I love the fact that you are helping your extended family understand that fun family gathering don't have to mean out of control portions of unhealthy food. Pay it forward....

Best wishes!
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow, so inspiring!! I am at the beginning of my weight loss and I hope that I can achieve the things you have!
  • B1gH0g
    B1gH0g Posts: 361
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed that making whoopi is better! Sorry to say it but its true! :blushing: Congrats to you!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    well done :) I've only lost 6kg so I haven't really noticed much but at the gym when I first started I could only do 5-8 minutes on the treadmill and I had to get off I can proudly say I can now do 35-40 minutes on the treadmill without stopping.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed that making whoopi is better! Sorry to say it but its true! :blushing: Congrats to you!
    LOL congrats! I wanted to mention that too but my girls are on MFP too so I spared them the embarrassment. lol
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    wonderful post! So inspired by you and all your hard work and awesome change of lifestyle for you and your family... so glad we are friends.. Valerie
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of similar things in my list.

I am so glad not to have the knee and hip pain anymore. That's a big plus!

I love shopping in the Misses section instead of the Women's section in stores.

I don't feel like I'm suffocating myself when I bend over to tie my shoes.
  • kelpud
    kelpud Posts: 14
    Options
    Nothing to add, just wanted to say i love your username
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!