Somebody Please Explain!!!!

jrobertson37
jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I changed my nutrition and fitness Goals because Im taking a week off from doing any exercises to rest my mind and body(burnout to be honest). I only have 5 pounds to get to my goal. So when i changed them my calories went to 1460 per day, 201 carbs and 49 g of fat. Thats almost what i was eating when i was working out 5 days a week burning 500 cals per workout. I dont get this. I though i would need to eat less since i was not going to be working out. This is too confusing and i need someone to explain this to me. Thanks guys.:frown: :grumble:

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    I'm not sure I have all the details but as an example...

If my daily cal goal was 1500 cals, I would eat those cals. If I exercised and burned 300 cals, I would probably eat the extra 300 cals (so I consumed 1800 but my daily goal is still set at 1500)

Then if there's a day without exercise, my daily goal is still 1500.

Were you eating the exercise calories?
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Okay i think i get it. I would always leave a cal deficit of atleast 200 bc i really did not trust the numbers and i could not afford a HRM.
  • To answer your question briefly, your daily need number never will go down, unless perhaps you lose a considerable amount of weight. When you exercise, your body needs more calories because it's using more energy. If you remove that depletion of energy, then your body still needs it's original amount, for you that's somewhere near 1,460 I would assume.
This discussion has been closed.