Same ol', Same ol'

I am so tired of baked chicken I could sream! :sad:

Someone please give me some new ideas for chicken breast and ground turkey. Or shoot, just any fast and easy and delish recipes!

I really appreciate it.

:heart:

Replies

• Lsufan22
    Lsufan22 Posts: 33
    Grilled Chicken
    :-)
  • Boo to you ^^^ lol but thanks anyways :-P
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    I have a great book called 'hungry girl 300 recipes under 300 calories' wasn't too expensive and had a lot of ideas...I wasn't fond of the fact that they use a lot of splenda in the deserts to keep the cals low...but they had good ideas...another great book is the 'Loony Spoons' series...

I eat a lot of homemade tortilla pizza's with tomatoes and feta and balsamic with ground turkey or roasted chicken for protein...

I also like wraps :) And veggie burgers

Good luck...keeping it interesting is what can get you through it!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Garlic-Lime Chicken from the Saving Dinner Cookbook...deeee-licious ;)

You can google it.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    get some wraps.....cut up chicken and brown it with favorite seasonings.....throw it on a wrap with a little brown rice and some sauteed onions and peppers ......little bit of cole slaw on top makes for a delish dinner
  • I love a healthy version of chicken parmesan from Skinny Taste (.com) everything on there is fabulous. I also get a lot of great chicken and turkey recipes from the Eating Well magazine (which has the full recipe list online) and Clean Eating.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    3 chicken breasts in crockpot with 1 jar salsa and i packet taco mix. 4 hours on high and it shreds off the fork. We eat in tacos or quesadillas.

You can do the same by adding some water and a jar of hot sauce to make buffalo chicken. We wrap those in lettuce with some cheese. :happy:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    www.skinnytaste.com

You're welcome :smile:
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    www.iowagirleats.com
    www.skinnytaste.com
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    crock pot = many different versions can be made with a tin of tomatoes and some different herbs and spices...frozen casserole veg/any other veg really

bake it with lemon and black pepper

stuff it with fresh basil, parsley, sundried tomatoes, garlic and lemon zest before baking
  • minuet42
    minuet42 Posts: 33
    This isn't really a recipe, but I like to pick a theme for the week - like this coming week is going to be Indian, so my afternoon and evening meals will be in that flavor profile. It's great because it lets me use that "same ol'" stuff but with the new spices (and LOTS of them!) it makes everything new and shiny. :) Of course, when I pick Indian three weeks in a row, it kind of becomes a new rut...
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    I also use skinnytaste.com, Eating Well and Cook Yourself Thin. Love the turkey meatloaves with spinach from Cook Yourself Thin!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    I like to make chopped chicken with spinach and low fat mozzerella cheese in a wrap, I use the Josephs flax seed wraps, low calorie..I found this recipe on Pinterest, its skinny spinach and chicken flautas, you just cook the chicken and spinach and mix with seasonings and bake the wraps till crispy, Yum! Search it on Pinterest :)
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    I throw a bunch of chicken in the crock pot w/ water and an onion. Let it cook over night then shred it the next day. We then use that mixed with all kinds of different things to change it up. Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce w/ a laughing cow blue cheese wedge, then put it in a tortilla for a buffalo chicken wrap, mix it with BBQ sauce for sandwiches, inside a tortilla. There are lots of sites with ideas for how to use shredded chicken :drinker:
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    bump....thanks for all the good ideas!!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    I literary just had a chicken breast for lunch:smile:
    What I like to do is cut it into ½inch slices, fry them in a pan with some butter a couple of mins on each side. When they are properly cocked I add a butt load of spices and some water (and cream if I have the cals), let it simmer for a while and then eat with vegetables. Delicious:happy:
  • You.guys.are.awesome.!
  • sautee spinach mushrooms & onion
    (or any favorite veggie)
    put on top grilled chix
    top with shredded low fat cheese
    ( i just use regular shredded)
    put i oven til cheese is melty
    i put this in the recipe thing and it came out under 300 calories
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    cookinglight.com has tons of recipes. Also, what about soups or chili? I love my crock pot and you can pretty much throw anything in there and it's awesome. Every time I make Chicken Tortilla soup I use different ingredients based on what I have in the pantry. With ground turkey you could go Italian - meatballs, lasagna with low-fat cheese or you could do Mexican - tacos, enchiladas, casseroles. If you're not on pinterest, you may want to consider that as well. Lots of great ideas! My screen name is almostrosey if you want to follow my recipe board.