Have a treat; you earned it!

Options
2»

Replies

• Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I used to always use food as a reward after accomplishing something, but that didn't really work out too well for my body... I'm a student, so I usully don't waste money on coffee to go, as for some reason that's crazily expensive in Denmark. But I do love a good, strong barista cappucino, so when I really want to spoil myself I go to one of the numerous sidewalk cafes in beautiful Copenhagen and spend an hour or so thoroughly enjoying every little sip and maybe a small piece of good, dark chocolate. Sure it has calories, but it's not that bad, and it's so worth it!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Usually something to help improve my body... getting something new done to my hair or a body wrap! For those who havent tried a body wrap before, you should! They feel amazing and you lose inches off your body in just one appointment! I love body wraps!

I'm glad you enjoy them, but I had a "chocolate body wrap" once. Sounds wonderful, right? It certainly smelled great, but I get caustrophobic very easily and had to have them "let me out" early. The salon person said that happens with some people. I guess I'll have to stick with the massages.
  • hannahjaques
    hannahjaques Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoy them, but I had a "chocolate body wrap" once. Sounds wonderful, right? It certainly smelled great, but I get caustrophobic very easily and had to have them "let me out" early. The salon person said that happens with some people. I guess I'll have to stick with the massages.

That's a shame although, a massage isn't too much of a bad consolation :wink:
  • Luhta440
    Options
    Not sure what is so wrong in rewarding yourself with food. I am almost at my target weight and I can't wait to eat some fatty foods again. Obviously I will moderate them more now and make sure it doesn't get out of control, but honestly eating healthy food for last couple months has been awful. It tastes bland, the portions stink etc....

So no, I'm not a "dog" but I am a human that thoroughly enjoys a variety of tastes and flavors. :)
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    New clothes but not until I reach my goal
  • Luhta440
    Options
    .....and beer, of course
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Hunger Game book series but I cannot open them and start until I hit my 50 pound mark. Three more pounds to go! I love to read and do so when I am on my treadmill...usually lose track of how long/how much I've been walking too!!

Little does my husband know...but when I reach my goal weight he is buying me a diamond necklace! Nothing fancy, but something to show my self off a bit!!
  • hannahjaques
    Options
    Thinking about it, a glass of wine is a very nice treat now and again. You have the beer and I'll have the wine :tongue:
  • hannahjaques
    Options
    Little does my husband know...but when I reach my goal weight he is buying me a diamond necklace! Nothing fancy, but something to show my self off a bit!!

Haha excellent! That sounds like a great motivator! I'm not sure I could manage reading on the treadmill. I tend to watch TV while I'm on it - programmes that last around an hour. The time flies which is handy.

Certainly given me some food for thought on what I can use as a 'treat' though, and hopefully given some others a few ideas too. Excellent stuff!
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There have been some designer bits here and there that were always just that little bit spendy that I never felt like it was okay to get them for any regular reason... maybe like once a year for a birthday treat or something! I keep a list of them around as I see them. When I started on my weight loss, I took a couple off the list that weren't affected by weight/loss gain like clothes are and put them at key points along the journey. I bought myself a Kate Spade wallet for the halfway point as a big treat. Now I see it almost every day and it keeps me motivated. I didn't set out anything as the end reward, because I figure some clothes won't fit and I'll get to buy some awesome new things!