Need some ideas for veggies

Options
2»

Replies

• wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Other than the cucumber, I think it sounds like an excellent start for a homemade Asian stir-fry. Do you have a wok? Google some recipes...we do ours with cumin, ginger powder, garlic, and sesame oil and some chicken and make a side of rice then toss the rice in, too.
  • BanffJasper
    BanffJasper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    FF salsa (I use Trader Joes chunky) and FF sour cream mix. About 35 calories.
  • cwashkowiak
    cwashkowiak Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I go to Pinterest to get cooking ideas and there are some amazing recipes from various blogs that have helped me!
  • shushy70
    shushy70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    toss the broc in some olive oil , add garlic , a bit of cayenne if you like or whichever spices you like and roast it at 400 , it is so yummy , i like that better than fries , recipe works well with cauliflower as well
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Chicken Adobo

1 1/2 cups water
    1 cup distilled white vinegar
    4 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
    3 Tbsp brown sugar
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    4 50g chicken thighs, cut into pieces
    2 cups spinach
    4 carrots
    4 celery stalks

1. In a large pot, combine the water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, peppercorns, and garlic. Mix together, add chicken pieces and simmer over low heat (uncovered) until chicken is cooked through and tender (25 to 35 minutes).
    2. Remove chicken from pot and brown in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots and celery.
    3. Return chicken, with oil/juices and spinach, back to pot with reserved sauce. Cover and simmer over medium heat until desired amount of sauce is yielded.

141 Cal 20 Carbs 2 Fat 12 Protein

I am half Filipino. I love me some Chicken Adobo. I make mine a little differently. I am going to try this version with more vegetables servings.

Yummy! It is full of Deliciousness! Thanks for sharing your low calorie recipe idea! Have a blessed and prosperous day! † ♥♥HUGS♥♥

Bump this to save for later!
    Elephantbutt.gif