Hello All,

Options
Hi fellow fat burners, muscle makers, calorie counters, runners, jumpers, walkers, stalkers?, crunchers, munchers, foodies, floozies? , movers and shakers. ( Ithink that covers most of you - appolgies if iv left you out ;) )

Im Munty, and I joined MFP back in June when i was looking for a way to count calories. After years of family and friends saying i was fat and should lose weight, being called a fat and gay as joke by friends and the fact that i struggled to put my socks on my feet and the newish trousers i bought were already starting to feel tight I knew i had to do something but it never transpired into action.

One fortuitous day, June 5th 2012 , being told I looked like i was wearing a fat suit ( I asuume like a certain character from the Austin Powers movie ) for some reaon was the trigger and I started counting and exercising the very next day. Now at 35yrs of age, 5ft 2 and 75 kg i wasnt sure what my goal shold be, i just want to loose as much fat and get ripped and healthy.

In the past i have been active, i was slim at 20 when at uni,but then put some weight on. Used to work out a lot in my mid twenties , but never really understood fitness so didnt really get ripped even though i would sometimes go to the gym twice a day. After which marriage and work stress pilled on the weight.

So a new start with a new goal. I started training on the 6th of June I managed about 4 -5 days, before I picked up a bug that had me bed ridden for week. Net result it kick started my weightloss and once I was back on my feet I was already 5kg lighter and feeling better. Being ill lost most of that weight so I was curious to see how much come back on in the proceeding weeks.

Luckily I was ok and have been exercsing and watching what I eat since then. 20th July marked the start of ramadan, month of religious fasting. I was in two minds how to tackel this but after some reading around it seems a bit of training at key times would help, and so iv been trying to keep active but not at the same intensity......until yesterday....

Yesterday I decided to give insanity work out ago....just the fitnes test to see what it would be like, I had watched the video a few times before. I decied to do this after work and about an hour before I could eat. / break my fast.

I did the first exercise and was gasping...but kept on going taking longer breaks in between......i made it to the suicide jumps when I had to give up....I knew I had over done it. lol

I started blacking out... and had to go stick my head out the window, then between my legs and then lie down for 10mins! lol. I obviously dont know my body as well as i though! It was stupid of me to do this while fasting but at least i found my limits and also my max heart rate for my HRM . woo hoo!

Morale of the story dont do insanity if your fasting unless your a fool!

I have 3-4 days of fasting left and then I can start picking up my routine again.

Iv lost 9.5 kg in 70days, although 4kg of which was due to being ill...so not sure how realistic a goal this is , but id like to get lean, as in very little body fat by my next birthday which is 117days away.

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum as the threads iv read have been informtive and helped me learn more about nutrition and exercise. I look forward to reaching my goals knowing that each step is going in a better direction to where i started.

It would be cool to have some friends so if you have the time then feel free to add me.

Iv said enough!

Peace and salutations to all.

Munty

Replies

• munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    not sure of the etiquette of bumping your own thread on here......

would be cool to get some friends on here for company as mfp keeps reminding me that i will lose x3 more if i have firends!! lol