Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pilates

monicakelly21
monicakelly21 Posts: 63
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
I am just wondering if anyone here has done them before. I just started today and it seems great and I think it will definitely help to condition my body and boost the impact of my other exercise. However...I am getting down a bit to the nitty gritty right now....did ou lose some weight, especially in the abdominal area??
Thanks
Have a good day guys!!

Replies

• I am just wondering if anyone here has done them before. I just started today and it seems great and I think it will definitely help to condition my body and boost the impact of my other exercise. However...I am getting down a bit to the nitty gritty right now....did ou lose some weight, especially in the abdominal area??
    Thanks
    Have a good day guys!!
  • Hey there!

I actually teach pilates, and YES! it's a great workout! Basic mat pilates is great on the joints and a great alternative to high impact classes. Pilates will not neccisarily MELT the fat off, but it will give you a stronger core which will help in all areas of your life, increase balance, posture, strength. It lengthens the limbs (like a ballerina), but to answer your questions, it will help to flatten and *tighten* the tummy. Just give it a little time! : )

Good luck!

Lexie
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    LOL.. I'm too clumsy for pilates.. I did them today. How embarrassing for me. I don't know if I'm just not flexible enough or if it's not hard enough for me or if i'm too tall... It just doesn't do it for me.
    Give it a try... I know a lot of people who love it:wink:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I just added pilates to replace a weight day, ooooh I hurt after the first time......however, tightening the tummy, yes......... losing the fat on top of the new pilates tummy, thats all up to the new eating habits you are forming.:wink:
This discussion has been closed.