looking for some tattoo help

Options
hey guys,

i am planning getting my new tattoo in about a month and im looking for some help :flowerforyou:

i have 4 small ones so i know about the pain, do's and dont's and all that :wink:

i want t o get a pile of 5 books on top of each other, with a cup of tea on top! reading is my life and when things get crazy all i long for is my hubby to bring me a book and a cup of tea, and it works for me every time!

so i want to get a tattoo of this, problem is i cant find a decent design? ive spent hours and days and weeks googling to no avail? can anyone help me? :ohwell:

thanks guys :blushing:

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome tattoo idea!

Would you pay someone to design it for you? That's the best bet for getting something that you'd love. My opinion is you want an artist who's as skilled with art on paper as he/she is with ink, or two separate artists. One to design and one to implement. I know a good designer who could draw something amazing that you can bring to a tattoo artist.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    hey guys,

i am planning getting my new tattoo in about a month and im looking for some help :flowerforyou:

i have 4 small ones so i know about the pain, do's and dont's and all that :wink:

i want t o get a pile of 5 books on top of each other, with a cup of tea on top! reading is my life and when things get crazy all i long for is my hubby to bring me a book and a cup of tea, and it works for me every time!

so i want to get a tattoo of this, problem is i cant find a decent design? ive spent hours and days and weeks googling to no avail? can anyone help me? :ohwell:

thanks guys :blushing:

kerimariondesign.com
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    my suggestion would be to go to a reputable tattoo shop that does not do "flash" We have one here in Fort Collins, CO "Covenant Tattoo" where the artists only do original work with no templates. My husband had a cover up job done and with a little explanation and some inspiration pieces the artist free handed better than we could even dream up in a matter of about 5 mins.

Your tattoo will be with you forever, do you homework and find a good artist!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Definately, put your focus on the tattoo artist. You can go into shops and ask to see their portfolios. A good one will have many for you to check out. Once you tell them what you want, ask if you can see a sketch of what they will do first. A great drawing isn't worth much if the artist isn't able to interpret it well on your body.

Good luck and have fun!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    thanks for your help guys!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    definitely go to your artist, having a reference pic or two...maybe a style of book you like [old, antique, modern?] and a style of cup you like, give him your vision, he or she will make it happen. it's amazing how they are able to take something only you can see in your mind. and make it a reality!!!

good luck:flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    most artists don't charge to do a design. they just take a deposit so that they don't waste their time or artwork on someone who won't get a tat from them.

it sounds like it would be great. post pictures when you get it!!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i always draw my own tattoos and then let the artist do a rendering to make it better, any tattoo artist can do this for you.....just walk in and tell them what u want! they should be able to whip it up for you in a second!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i have another 10 pounds or so to lose, should i get my tattoo in 4 weeks, my birthday present to myself or wait until lose all the weight? it will be on my right side, going down from my breast to hip

what do you all think? :flowerforyou:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    go ahead and book it :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    90192.fpx?cell=330,330&qlt=75&cvt=jpeg

With a little modification.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    oldbooks_JCHulse.jpg
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Why not have the tattoo artist come up with a design incorporating 5 of your all time favorite books, and your favorite teacup.
  • Rachelicious
    Options
    you should get the outline now..
    and wait til you lose the weight to get it colored in..
    that would be great motivation.. kus i when i got my phoenix tattooed on my arm.. we did the outline first.. and did the color about a month later.. it killed me to wait. :]
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    you should get the outline now..
    and wait til you lose the weight to get it colored in..
    that would be great motivation.. kus i when i got my phoenix tattooed on my arm.. we did the outline first.. and did the color about a month later.. it killed me to wait. :]

that is an AWEsome idae!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I love the idea - you might check with the Tattoo artist - they may be able to draw it out then ink you