Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pilates

monicakelly21
monicakelly21 Posts: 63
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
I am just wondering if anyone here has done them before. I just started today and it seems great and I think it will definitely help to condition my body and boost the impact of my other exercise. However...I am getting down a bit to the nitty gritty right now....did ou lose some weight, especially in the abdominal area??
Thanks
Have a good day guys!!

Replies

• I am just wondering if anyone here has done them before. I just started today and it seems great and I think it will definitely help to condition my body and boost the impact of my other exercise. However...I am getting down a bit to the nitty gritty right now....did ou lose some weight, especially in the abdominal area??
    Thanks
    Have a good day guys!!
  • I love pilates it makes me feel so toned and idk like almost like a sense of reliefLOL(sounds funny) But its just a great feeling
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    It's not particularly calorie-blasting, but it is great for your body/mind.

To lose weight it's diet and cardio, and the sad but true part is it there's no way to control where it comes off.
  • I really love pilates!

I was in the store about a month ago, buying a pilates DVD. A woman (a very thin woman), in line in front of me said that she noticed I was buying a pilates DVD, she said she loves pilates and that she had recently just lost 95 pounds doing only pilates!

I can't do pilates every day though, because a have a lower back injury, and if I do pilates every day, it makes my injury flair up.

I also LOVE yoga, it is very much like pilates. It makes me feel energized, yet relaxed, and I can tell a difference in my body already, especially in my arms; after only doing yoga/pilates for a month.
This discussion has been closed.