Short term low carb?

I was just wondering if going lower carb say around 100 would doing anything in 10 days? I have already lost 20 lbs, have vacation coming up and didn't know if anythng would happen in 10 days or if it takes longer than that for lower carb to work. I have no intentions of staying low carb. Would it do more harm than good?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    you'll get some extra water weight loss at the reduced carb level.

Not eating at all for 10 days is probably only going to lose you 6-8 lbs.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    you would lose some scale weight due to the lower water retention but not much change in body composition in such a small time period. (hence why there are a ton of people who post saying low carb is amazing when they have only been on it one week....).

If you are not going to continue it long term, then there really isn't much point other than seeing if you prefer that style of eating.
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    I have thought about it, but Im pretty sure if you did lose any weight short term low carb, you would just put it back on when you went back to eating carbs. Im not certain though. I think of it like when your sick and cant eat, and as soon as you get better, you put back on all the weight you lost when your weren't eating.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
    Thanks! Thats sorta what I gathered. Afraid that I would gain back extra if I did this.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Look up 'carb flu'
    you'll get to go through that for pretty much nothing.