How do you eat _____________?

Options
What are your food quirks? Do you eat certain foods in a certain way? Are you one of those people that cannot have their food touch on their plate? Me? When I eat M&M's, I eat them in color order: brown, orange, yellow, red, blue and then green. If I eat a Swiss Cake Roll, I eat the chocolate off the outside then unroll it. I dunk my Oreo's. I don't twist and I don't lick.

What are some of yours?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I eat all the toppings off my pizza, then eat the pizza. I eat all the noodles out of my chicken noodle soup and then eat the soup.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have to eat my cereal before it goes soggy.

When I eat jelly (jell-o), I liquify it in my mouth or I can't swallow it.

I eat yoghurt by licking it off the spoon.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love milk, and I love cereal, but I refuse to eat them together. I can't stand it when the milk gets warm, or when the cereal gets soggy.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    When my older siblings were dating (and I was 6-12 yo) in the 60's, their litmus test for a date to be worth considering long term was "Do they know how to eat an artichoke?" Fail that test and no more soup for you!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I eat all the toppings off my pizza, then eat the pizza.

People always think I am a freak for this.
    I'm glad I'm not alone.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I love milk, and I love cereal, but I refuse to eat them together. I can't stand it when the milk gets warm, or when the cereal gets soggy.

Ditto!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My food can NOT touch. I want thing to taste like they're supposed to...not like everything else on my plate!

I have to eat my apples cut up into slices. I feel more filled up this way. Eating an apple off the core is an empty snack to me.

And I HATE soggy cereal. ICK!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Funny, I prefer my cereal to be soggy - pour in the milk and wait a while! Am I the only one? I don't care if my food touches, and I like to eat a little of each thing at a time so that I finish each item at about the same time, saving the last bite of my favorite item for last.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Beans etc can't touch anything else on my plate. Lots more I don't fancy confessing too.
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat all the toppings off my pizza, then eat the pizza. I eat all the noodles out of my chicken noodle soup and then eat the soup.

I'm the opposite. I drink all the broth then eat the noodles.

Also, I eat penne pasta by putting the fork tines into the tubes and lifting it like a fork lift. My kids think this is an awesome way to both play with your food and also have good manners. :smile:
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    I take the cheese off of my pizza. I hate messy food.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I always eat foods like sandwiches or cookies around the edges first, then the middle.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    when eating a sandwich, I eat the crust 1st then the middle
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I eat around things. The crust off my sammiches or around a burger. The inside bite is always the best!
    My food can't touch! If I'm eating something juicy it either goes in the kids plastic divider plates or I'll put a paper towel around it to absorb the juices.
    If it has mustard in it - and I know it - no bueno.
    I tend to eat from least to most favorite and save the piece that looks the best for very last.
  • katieandstuart
    Options
    I remove all cheese / toppings from my pizza and pass them to whoever will take them...
    I take my burger apart and eat the top roll first, then the salad, followed by the bottom roll and finally the burger itself...
    I can't have my rice / pasta / potato touching the meat / sauce part of my dinner, they have to be polar opposites on the plate!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I do hate when food touches on my plate, aside from that, I don't think I'm too weird lol
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I eat all the toppings off my pizza, then eat the pizza.

People always think I am a freak for this.
    I'm glad I'm not alone.

I do the same thing LOL I always thought I was wierd...
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Snickers bar:
    Step 1: Take two bites off the end.
    Step 2: Eat just the chocolate off the bottom and lower half of the sides, where the nougat is.
    Step 3: Eat nougat
    Step 4: Eat peanuts and caramel with the top chocolate still on.

Also, I have to eat bananas by splitting them into thirds vertically, where that natural split down the middle is. I have some others. I had a boyfriend once who asked, "Can't you eat anything in a normal way?"
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them in years but when I used to eat Lucky Charms, I would eat the charms last. Or eat a Kit Kat in layers, starting with the chocolate around the edges first. Now, that I'm eating cleaner, it's not a fun haha. I don't care if my food touches and I always eat my favorite thing last.
  • sloanranger55
    sloanranger55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I eat a sunday roast, I eat all of one veg first. I have to lift up my yorkshire pudding, to check there is no peas left before I go onto the next veg, then I do the same with that one. I do this until all veg is gone, then eat my meat and the yourkshire pudding last x