I blew it today : (

Options
So i had a really off day today:blushing: i ate way more than i would have liked...had 2 alcoholic drinks...but im not falling off the wagon!! tomorrow is a new day and gonna get back on track :tongue:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    great attitude:bigsmile: and yes tomorrow is a new day ... keep on truckin :tongue:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    So i had a really off day today:blushing: i ate way more than i would have liked...had 2 alcoholic drinks...but im not falling off the wagon!! tomorrow is a new day and gonna get back on track :tongue:

THAT'S the MFP spirit!!! :wink: :laugh: :smile:
    We ALL have those days, you are DEFINITELY NOT alone! :noway:
    You should have seen MY day (last Friday) of 4 pieces of cake, 2 cupcakes, cookies, etc. BUT, I got right back on track the next day, thanks to good old MFP and all its wonderfully supportive members! :love: :happy:
  • lissmiller
    Options
    When I have a bad day like those described in this thread, I try to think about what I've eaten for the last few days...or weeks. Sometimes I'm so rigid with myself that I trigger a really bad day - everything I've wanted, I cram into one day as if I can never have it again. So when I notice myself getting too rigid to enjoy a small serving of something I "shouldn't have," I think twice. I choose to have a small serving of, say, ice cream with my elderly mother (and yes, I get my favorite flavor and it's ice cream not sherbet or another "ice cream substitute") now and then, and not consider the day a mess. Even if I make less than stellar choices all day (nutrition bars instead of meals...cookies...Starbuck's), it helps to know I'm choosing this behavior, and that occasionally I can allow myself to do that.
    The matter of making it a conscious choice is important - I'm the only one accountable for what the scale tells me the next day! Since I like downward movement in the numbers more than upward, it's built in bio-feedback that keeps me from over-indulging too often!
    Also, I've found that keeping the food journal faithfully really helps. The more I learn about the potential health consequences of some of my choices (beyond the weight result), the less I want to make those choices .

Kudos to all who slip (normal behavior) and then get right back at it (courageous behavior!)!
  • sparkler2112
    sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone, for the support :love: Lord knows I need it!