Hello from Burbank, CA

Options
Hi I just found this website and have decided to use it to help motivate myself.

I am 22 and just finished college so my drinking days are done which should help. Since I was about 16 years old, my weight has fluctuated between 180-210 lbs and I wanna lose it and keep it off once and for all. I was at 175 lbs 2 years ago and at 218 just 3 months ago. I was almost under 200 lbs about 3 weeks ago and I let myself go back up to nearly 210 lbs. Anyways I am frustrated with losing weight and gaining it back so I am going to closely monitor myself for now on and exercise 5 times a week regardless of my schedule. I used to have many people to play sports with, but everybody is off at college or moved away so its much harder to do so nowadays. That truly is what makes me frustrated because I dislike the gym and sports are my passion. I played baseball in high school and used to frequently play basketball and football with friends and family. I will still find opportunities to play on occasion, but it hasn't been the same for about a year now. For the past year my main source of exercise has been jogging 1 mile from my house and then sprinting/walking the next .5 mile and jogging the last .5 mile back. I time the first mile to see how fast I'm getting to make it funner for myself, but running doesn't thrill me much. I tend to have weeks of total devotion to eating healthy and exercising daily from weeks of sitting at home eating the worst stuff possible and not moving at all. I just ended the latter phase and started exercising again so I hope with some support I can stay on track and focus on the big picture .... 170 lbs and feeling gooooood!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to shedding the weight and meeting you guys

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi I just found this website and have decided to use it to help motivate myself.

I am 22 and just finished college so my drinking days are done which should help. Since I was about 16 years old, my weight has fluctuated between 180-210 lbs and I wanna lose it and keep it off once and for all. I was at 175 lbs 2 years ago and at 218 just 3 months ago. I was almost under 200 lbs about 3 weeks ago and I let myself go back up to nearly 210 lbs. Anyways I am frustrated with losing weight and gaining it back so I am going to closely monitor myself for now on and exercise 5 times a week regardless of my schedule. I used to have many people to play sports with, but everybody is off at college or moved away so its much harder to do so nowadays. That truly is what makes me frustrated because I dislike the gym and sports are my passion. I played baseball in high school and used to frequently play basketball and football with friends and family. I will still find opportunities to play on occasion, but it hasn't been the same for about a year now. For the past year my main source of exercise has been jogging 1 mile from my house and then sprinting/walking the next .5 mile and jogging the last .5 mile back. I time the first mile to see how fast I'm getting to make it funner for myself, but running doesn't thrill me much. I tend to have weeks of total devotion to eating healthy and exercising daily from weeks of sitting at home eating the worst stuff possible and not moving at all. I just ended the latter phase and started exercising again so I hope with some support I can stay on track and focus on the big picture .... 170 lbs and feeling gooooood!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to shedding the weight and meeting you guys

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I just moved from Burbank two weeks ago to cold, rainy Maryland. I miss it!

On a more related note... MFP is probably the best tool I've seen to lose weight and learn how to keep it off long term. I wish you the best of luck! :drinker: