10 (More) Things I have Learned Along the Way (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    These were great reads!! Thanks for taking the time to type this up.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    lots of good information here :)
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I HAVE GOT TO SAY just wow. that really hit home and you are freaking awesome!! i did miss part one but now im going to find it. thank you so much. that really helped me!!:flowerforyou:
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love your matter of fact approach sprinkled with witty humor. Very motivating! I think you should consider writing (in your spare time) ;)
  • stagegoddess
    Options
    i wish my mom would comprehend all of this---i told her how well i'm doing bc of this site and she psh'd it. i luv the camaraderie and everyone learning day by day. thanks for this
  • annra
    annra Posts: 12
    Options
    thank you
  • idabentley
    idabentley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to log your thoughts and sharing with this community. Congratulations on overcoming your saboteurs to achieve your weight loss goal.
  • Jenny021880
    Jenny021880 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making me smile.
  • Ljmount
    Ljmount Posts: 3
    Options
    All very true. Good advice.
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, I'm so glad I'm not the only one getting flack from family and friends!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    love the kick butt take names approach. Read your first 10 list along with recent post
    great to re-read when the going gets tough
    Thanks for the inspiration and honesty

It is always darkest before the dawn
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Post of Awesomeness!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Where's the LIKE button when you really need it!? Fantastic post...great writing...thanks!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    will read later....
  • expoduck
    expoduck Posts: 59
    Options
    I love your work. Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • ashblonde1
    Options

3. People will try to sabotage you. Now, there are two parts to this.
    b. Part two is more personal. It involves your family and acquaintances. This part doesn’t happen to everybody, but it happens to quite of few people. Somebody, maybe your co-workers, your friends, or even your family will try to say you are being “too obsessive” about your weight loss, or they will say you are losing too much weight, or they don’t like the healthy food choices you make (“Why can’t you just eat the freakin cake like the rest of us?”). Humans are incredibly talented creatures; unfortunately, one of the things we’re most talented at is rationalizing our irrational, counterproductive, and unhealthy behavior. We seem to need to oppose anyone who challenges our illusions. I suspect that these people are reflecting their own deep seeded insecurities by criticizing someone who is making a positive change when they have been unwilling to do the same. I also know that this fitness journey is yours and yours alone. In the end, it’s really not for your family or friends, although they can be good motivators, it’s for YOU. If you know what your fitness level and weight should be, and want to reach that goal, then you are going to need to ignore the saboteurs, critics and continue to do the work every single day. You have to want it. Free your mind from their propaganda and your body will follow. Nuff said.

Pretty much describes my life. I have a five pound window where people seem satisfied with me. Below it and I get, you look horrible you are too thin and above and it's 'whao you look like you are getting pudgy'.

I sometimes feel like I can't win.
  • teeya1984
    teeya1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    wow - that was so well said :)
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed this one as much as the first one! Awesome and well said!!!!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!