Read the I HATE FAT PEOPLE RANT thread for examples
  • debgetzfit
    Options
    And what is "Bumping" on these treads?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    76c22755205cc12038a2f30df6902ac5.gif

HOLY CRAP!! I almost peed all over my office! That's the funniest thing I've seen all day.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options

it's a drug thing. shame on you.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    hookers and blow...
    Excellent choice, yes....this is always the answer

and this...

Rickroll1.gif \m/
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,977 Member
    Options

so.............no one knows about Google except me, apparently.......

To bump a thread on an internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post";[1] however, this is almost certainly a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position".[2] It can also be used in personal messages (PMs) or instant messages (IMs) on the Web, to return an older message to the top of the list.

uh. Wiki/Google.
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    I was completely wrong I thought trolls lived under bridges, and were grumpy... Good to know
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    angry-old-man-meme-trolling.jpg
  • cmriverside
    Options

and also a 1970s dance move.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I thought they were a collectors item from the 1990 era??
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I was completely wrong I thought trolls lived under bridges, and were grumpy... Good to know

Only the one. In Fremont under the bridge in Seattle. . . That's a full-size VW Beetle, BTW.

p278565-Seattle_WA-The_Fremont_Troll.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

and also a 1970s dance move.

...make sure you grind a little too whenever you bump...
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hey guise, if you don't eat every 2-3 hrs, your body will go into starvation mode.

What a troll!

Love it. By the way a troll is someone that stalkes and uses the forums to make inappropriate sergestions
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    They are those wittle doll thingys with the rhinestone belly buttons and funky @ss hair.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Cmriverside posted the correct definition, but unfortunately, sometimes it also means, "Let's attack the newbie for asking a Noob question."

Sort of!. It means what Cmriverside posted, but people often accuse people incorrectly of being a troll when they disagree with them. Its very over-used and really depends on the context and the way the post is made.

(and please don't accuse me of being a troll as I am disagreeing :wink: )
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Cmriverside posted the correct definition, but unfortunately, sometimes it also means, "Let's attack the newbie for asking a Noob question."
    That's usually not the motivation but it still happens. The reason that new people sometimes get called trolls on this forum is that they will ask something that seems so ridiculous or done to death that people don't believe it's a genuine question. For example, someone coming in with a 500 calorie diet and asking how they can cut it down. They might be new and not realize that that's not okay, but people are more likely to believe that it's someone who is deliberately saying it to get others riled up.

But to answer the original question, that's what a troll does; they say inflammatory things that they know will agitate people and start a sh!tstorm.

And someone else asked what "bumping" was. In pretty much every other forum I've ever seen, "bump" is an acronym for "Bring Up My Post." When a thread is ignored, putting a new post in it will shoot it back up to the top. Most of the time, this is seen as bad manners (and may even get someone banned on some sites). On MFP however, people will use "bump" as a way to bookmark a post. This is because unlike many boards, MFP has no subscribe function; if you want to save a thread to look at later, you have to make a post in it and let it show up in "My Topics."
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/mfp-terms-introductory-274185 for a collection of terms used on MFP (MyFitnessPal).