Favourite 'healthy' meal?

What is everyones fave go-to healthy meals if they're short on time or lacking motivation/ideas.

Mine is always salmon with some sort of herbs!
Sweet potato baked with cottage cheese is also so nice :)

Replies

• MsHolly731
    MsHolly731 Posts: 54 Member
    I rarely use gound beef anymore, I opt for lean ground turkey. If I want the ground beef flavor I add some Worcestershire sauce :bigsmile:
  • I love turkey too, never ate beef, I was a former vegeterian for 10years until I realised how nice chicken is! :smile:
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    LOOOOVE greek salad. i could eat mounds of it.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Salad. I love to throw every veggie I have in there!! And sometimes I have tostadas with just beans and tons of veggies on them!
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    I have frozen grilled chicken breasts in my freezer along with frozen broccoli and whole grain brown rice. I usually will do that to make a complete meal. Maybe add an apple as well.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    I really love my Steel Cut oats and I mix in fat free yogurt with it (I know) but I really enjoy it and a good combination of Carbs/Protein.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon & some kind of sweetner... yummy bfast!!! look fwd to it everyday!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Fritatas, stir fries, or vegetable soups.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    I share the love of salmon. Salmon and salad is my favorite.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I make a gluten-free pasta with a nonfat yogurt-garlic sauce, and often do oven-roasted asparagus with a LOT of lemon juice as a side.

The yogurt sauce is also great over poached eggs, with a little paprika sprinkled on for color.
  • 780ck
    780ck Posts: 40 Member
    When in a hurry, I make an omelete with one whole egg and 2 additional egg whites. I through in herbs and veggies. Sometimes I use a little ham in cheese.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Grilled cheese sandwich made on light bread, 2% milk cheese, and butter flavored non-stick spray. But only when I'm particularly lazy :p
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Scrambled eggs with diced potato and onion. If I have the room in my macros for cheese and a piece or two of bacon it's like heaven on a plate.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Salmon on a bed of roasted/grilled veggies. *sigh* it's perfection.

Also, there's this chocolate mousse that I make with avocado that is simply to die for and pretty good for the body.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    I make huge batches of spaghetti sauce, keep them frozen and use those with Spaghetti squash (just cut and bake for 30 min) or Rozoni smart taste veggie pasta when lacking motivation to cook.
  • Probably Fresh dark greens with Baked Salmon. :) Yumm!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    If it isn't salad it woul dbe spaghetti squash with pesto sauce. I am down to only 3 days a week with any meat now. Slowly adapting to the "Forks over Knives" philosophy.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 781 Member
    Baked Lemon Pepper Perch on a bed of Brown Rice and Broccoli!!!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Anything with Avocados! :love:
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    When in a hurry, I make an omelete with one whole egg and 2 additional egg whites. I through in herbs and veggies. Sometimes I use a little ham in cheese.

^^^^ this exactly. Just ate one with brocolli, tomatoes, basil and hot chili oil. Mmmmm