Lightening by Dean R. Koontz
  • elenaviolet
    elenaviolet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The Uglies series would be amazing as movies
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm still hoping they'll someday bring J.D. Robb's (Nora Roberts) "...in Death" series to life! Roarke...sigh. :love:

^^ This!!!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I always thought they'd make brilliant films since I read them.
  • Carpaydeeum
    Options
    "A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail" by Bill Bryson

It was on my summer reading list from back in the day, and it's still the funniest book I've ever read.

This would make an awsome movie!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I agree with Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series and ANYTHING by Lee Childs!!

I'd like to see Marshall Karp The Rabbit Factory too! x
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Without Remorse by Tom Clancey
    Gold Coast by Nelson DeMille
    Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan
  • LadyGreatrick
    Options
    Summer Sisters and WIfey by Judy Blume

YES!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i was going to say Ender's Game (Orsen Scott Card) but apparantly it's scheduled for release next year. Yay!! :-D

I'd love to see Hyperion (Dan Simmons) made into a movie - supposedly they're working on that?? - but how in the heck they'd do it is beyond me!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I always thought they'd make brilliant films since I read them.

I love his books. Great choice.
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    don't think they would work good as movies but the elric saga by michael moorcock.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    The Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfield... When I read those books in middle school I was crossing my fingers, hoping they'd be made into an awesome looking set of movies. Although, I understand that it might be a tad difficult to portray some of the fictional imagery into a real-life variation.

YES! I read the first two in middle school (the second two weren't out yet) and just finally read all 4 this year. They should TOTALLY make it a series, but I think they could do the fictional imagery. I mean...they've done some pretty insane stuff in Hollywood.

I've also always wanted to see Hawksong and Snakecharm done into movies...by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. The rest of the books were okay, but Hawksong has a special place in my heart.

Would also love if they finished the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman.

......I would also love if they made the book my friend and I wrote together into a movie. Or better yet, the one we're writing now... =/
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    So many of the COULD be good movies, but I do not trust Hollywood to cast or script them correctly.

One for the Money for example. That book should have translated very well into a movie, but rather than make the necessary adjustments to the script (ala Hunger Games) they just have Heigl narrorate it. Killed any momentum it ever had. Plus Katherine Heigl (who I usually like) didn't consistently do the Jersey accent. I wouldn't have cared if she had skipped it all together, but since she didn't use it in some scenes, I was distracting when she did. Grandma Mazur was very miscast.

I totally agree with this!! x
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Two For The Dough - Janet Evanovich. <3

ALL the Stephanie Plum books turned into movies would get my vote.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great Expectations so kids will never have to read that horrible book ever again. They can go rent it the night before the quiz.

I read it 25 years ago and I still get annoyed.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I love his books. Great choice.

The Sci-Fi channel turned it into a TV series for one season, then cancelled it. *kitten*! It was quite a bit different from the books, but still very enjoyable.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The Testament.....by John Grisham
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Fortune Is A Woman by Elizabeth Adler
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Anything by Vince Flynn, but starting with American Assassin would be good. . . which THEY ARE. . some time eventually.
    dward Zwick (The Last Samurai, Blood Diamond) is attached to direct the film adaptation of American Assassin from a screenplay by Zwick and Oscar©-nominee Marshall Herskovitz. CBS Films has optioned the rights for Flynn’s Mitch Rapp character with the intention of creating a character-based, action-thriller movie franchise.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    dresden files were a great series, not sure a movie would quite capture it though. dark towers TOTALLY!
    my input, terry prachet, discworld series, any or all of them!
    and robin hobb, live ship traders/rainwilds chronicles (they call them trilogies but they're the same series!!)