A little NSV

Options
marz42
marz42 Posts: 223 Member
Every year I go on this big camping event, where there is a lot of walking and some pretty big hills and ooh it's rough. I have almost no hills at home, and each year it's been harder and harder going up the worst hill there. Well this year I've been walking on the treadmill, doing the weight machines, doing zumba, and some leslie sansone. Every time I did the treadmill I have this one song that is about 7 minutes, a very bassy dubstep-ish song, and for that song I'd turn up the incline, to 8 or even 10, slowing down the speed a little, and think about that hill at this event and kicking it's *kitten*. (Might not sound like much to you..I've seen people there doing 45 minutes at what must be 15% and at least 4 mph, but for me it was a lot).

Well this year I went, and had to go up that hill, and I walked up it with a thinner fitter friend at her pace, and only stopped once for I don't know, less than 10 seconds midway, and went right on up, and this was with stuff on my back. Last time I went, two years ago, it was trudge trudge rest trudge trudge rest and I felt like I was about going to die. This time, I was a little out of breath but totally manageable, could still carry on a conversation, and only that one rest, and nothing hurt.

I also used to get this kind of stich in my hip after a bit, where if I sat down even for a few seconds it would go away, but if I didn't ooooh it hurt and was annoying. This year I did not get that even once, ever. My feet hurt some, but not nearly as bad as before, and all the setup and loading and camp chores did not give me that bone deep ache I got last time, it felt fine, just hot (it being 90 a lot).

Oh and in the process of all this I seem to have lost 4lbs, paying very little attention except cooking in camp more than eating at food booths.

:)

Replies

• wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    YEAH! that is a huge accomplishment! I can do 45 minutes of p90x but I will admit hills kick my booty big time!

That is one impressive non scale victory! Way to Go :)

Next year, you will be sprinting it looking back to figure out where everyone went ;)
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    great job! congrats!!!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    way too long to read but congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!