New to the club

chubbybubbynomore
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. Excited and nervous about my new journey. Glad I found this site, and looking forward to making new friends to help me reach my goal !!

Replies

• Hi & Welcome!!!

You will love it here!!! Take advantage of the food & exercise journals!!

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi everyone. Excited and nervous about my new journey. Glad I found this site, and looking forward to making new friends to help me reach my goal !!

Hi Heidi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Welcome.... this is an amazing site
  • Hello and Welcome!!!! I love this site. It has been my life saver. I hope it will be yours as well!:smile: Good Luck!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Vicky,
    Love your smile, did you lose that 79 pounds this year...Great job!! How did you do it? Keep it up, you inspire me, I'm struggling right now with a stuck scale and when I see the amount you have lost it gives me hope that I can do it too.. Debra
  • Hello everyone. Heard great stuff about this site. Hoping to lose weight and change my lifestyle for the better. Looking forward to making many new friends.
  • strongdad62
    strongdad62 Posts: 8 Member
    how is everyone? my gf and i joined up yesterday and we really like it so far!!! i have a degree in exercise physiology and have kind of fallen off the wagon. together, me and my girl are gonna drop these lbs.! she is only trying to lose 7 lbs. i need to drop like 40-50. not being a four season athlete in h.s. and not having to worry about what i ate anymore is over. it's time to take ownership of me and change some habits while making some new ones. we live in Wilmington, DE and we are always looking for new fitness buds to work out with so don't be shy. i want to do a 5k by years end. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.