hi I am new here

prettyindisguise
prettyindisguise Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. My name is Prettyindisguise. I have lost wieght before but seems to come right back and more. I figured I could give this a try. Family has obese running in he family and I want to put a stop to it. I also have a twin sister tht is obese, if this helps me I want to get her started.

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello prettyindisguise, Good Afternoon. MyFitnessPal is the best place for one to take control of their eating habits and exercise or improve them. God Bless. :smile:

Jason
  • Hi Pretty,
    This is a great site for support and information. Just remember this isnt a diet! im excited for you that you are taking YOUR life into your hands. You can do it! My new motto is " why not?" ask yourself that. Why not do this for ourselves, why not? you go girl!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    I have been on MFP for about 2 weeks and love it. It isn't a diet it is changing your lifestyle habits to becoming healthy. There is a lot of support and information. My boyfriend is convinced I am addicted to the site. :laugh: Which may be true but I don't consider it a bad thing but a great thing to be addicted to something that is teaching me how to be healthy and motivating me to workout. I have actually convince him to start on the site starting tomorrow. Hopefully he follows my lead. :happy:

Good luck in your new adventure to a healthy life!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi. My name is Prettyindisguise. I have lost wieght before but seems to come right back and more. I figured I could give this a try. Family has obese running in he family and I want to put a stop to it. I also have a twin sister tht is obese, if this helps me I want to get her started.

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    I ALSO have a twin sister, though she never had a life long weight problem like I have.
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Welcome... this site is amazing
This discussion has been closed.