Anyone trying to lose the last 10 pounds?

Options
I used MFP in the past but stopped counting calories for awhile, but now I'm back to tracking since I'm trying to lose these last 10 pounds. Anyone else in the same boat? :)

Replies

• goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I am trying to lose the last 10 Lbs! However, I track my calories religiously. I am within a weight loss range so technically I should lose with that alone but it's more like maintenance right now. I need to up my interval training a long with it and I am hoping that does the trick!

I would love to see other ideas and/or experiences....:wink:
  • emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have jumped back on board too but now im finding it really hard to kick my body into weight loss mode again... It dosent wana play game! I go to the gym practically every morning before work and still no dice!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I lost the last ten pounds.. and then I realized I needed to lose ten more. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of a trend!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Yep... although 10 pounds is a flexible goal. I'm much more interested in losing the last bit off my waist and some body recomposition.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes :(
    It's beginning to seem impossible.
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've set a goal weight for myself, and I have about 10 to go. I've been doing C25K, 30DS, and playing softball, so I know with what I'm doing, I'm building muscle and not seeing a loss on the scale. However, I'm working on making that be okay with me. I'm trying not to focus on the number, but rather how I look, how I'm changing, etc. Hopefully, the numbers on the scale will drop gradually while I'm doing this :/
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm also at the last 10! It's been a b!tch trying to get below 160... I could use some motivation & support on the last 10 too!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes. I've started lifting heavy weights and cutting back on cardio so I can lose inches and not worry about my weight. It's going OK, but It's really hard to not be a slave to the scale.
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The 'Last Ten' are sooo hard! You have to be so consistent and disciplined. I haven't managed to find a space in my life to make room for the focus I would need to have. Working on motivating myself to lose 10 this fall.
  • JayElleOh
    Options
    I have 8-10ish to go & have been stuck for quite some time..would love to see some suggestions on this one..
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have 7lb until I hit my target weight but I am in no hurry. Concentrating more on strength training (interval training mainly), getting smaller, but weight has gone up a little. It doesn't bother me, its just a number.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm same as above poster, Flixie.
    Have 7 lbs left to go, but focusing more on gaining strength.
    Going more by measurements & how my clothes fit than the scale at this point!
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    The 'Last Ten' are sooo hard! You have to be so consistent and disciplined. I haven't managed to find a space in my life to make room for the focus I would need to have. Working on motivating myself to lose 10 this fall.

Yep, same here pretty much haha. I've bumped up my calorie intake some, and I'm hoping that'll help me some since eating 1200 wasn't doing anything for me. I've also been focusing on HIIT and pilates, although I've been sick the past few days so I haven't been exercising.
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    This last 10 is driving me insane, bump
  • Runs4Pasta
    Runs4Pasta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I sure am! Frustrating!
  • Amanda0926
    Amanda0926 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yep!!
    I have really started focusing on strength training now. I'm hoping that helps me get to where I want to be. Whether thats the number on the scale or just how my body looks.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    I have exactly 10 pounds left...
  • mshelburne12
    mshelburne12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The last ten pounds is murder! went from 210 to 182 over a year but want to get to 172 and scales not budging.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    Yep my original goal was to lose 100 when I did that I decided I wanted to lose a little more now I have lost 108 lbs total and thinking maybe I want to lose a little more then 2 more lbs but really I just want to concentrate on getting rid of some of this sagging skin and make it look more taunt. Good luck to all of you the last 10 is the hardest.......and will we ever get there since it seems alot of us keep changing the number when we get close LOL
  • koj43
    koj43 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having the same problem where i am losing inches but not pounds..Work out every day cardio n weights but the scale is going up but waist line down..