Controversial Forum Posts...

Options
kater8er
kater8er Posts: 364 Member
Do ya'll think they should be deleted? Personally I don't....Even if I disagree with the content of it.

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Do ya'll think they should be deleted? Personally I don't....Even if I disagree with the content of it.

No because the responses are funny as hell
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

Responses are VERY funny.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options

true! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    It's like watching a train wreck. In slow motion. With GIFs and memes. AND IT'S AMAZING. I don't think they should be deleted.. But oh well.
  • kater8er
    Options
    I just hate how stuff gets censored! As long as someone isn't writing anything *illegal*....I love reading people's opinions...especially if they clash with mine or are controversial...Idk. It's just interesting!
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options

Agreed. Plus they give me an interesting glimpse into society at large.

I love reading them also because I need to develop a well rounded view of people where I can put my own values aside and learn to tolerate other viewpoints, especially due to the field I am going to be working in (nursing).
  • kater8er
    Options
    It's like watching a train wreck. In slow motion. With GIFs and memes. AND IT'S AMAZING. I don't think they should be deleted.. But oh well.

haha this is such a good way of putting it....
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think they should eventually be locked down but not deleted because they are a fun read :smile:
  • emb0zad
    emb0zad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just disagreed with the title to someone elses post and I posted my disagreement and feeling it was inappropriate but still I don't think controversial posts should be deleted. We all have a right to our own opinions.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just hate how stuff gets censored! As long as someone isn't writing anything *illegal*....I love reading people's opinions...especially if they clash with mine or are controversial...Idk. It's just interesting!

This, I love seeing people express their opinions rage etc even if I am the one raging sometimes.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    No.
    We are all 18, the mods need to treat us as such.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you can have an opinion without personally attacking the person, then yes. But if your opinion is "Yeah well, your opinion is different from mine. YOU SUCK!"

Then that's not fair and should be deleted.
  • kater8er
    Options
    I think they should eventually be locked down but not deleted because they are a fun read :smile:

Agree!

One time I asked a question on a forum post and got SLAMMED for it. Slammed slammed slammed. People were jerks. And the topic is still up as far as I know...just locked...It made me wonder...why did that thread stay up but others get deleted? I wonder what their criteria in terms of locking/deleting is.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    If they were all deleted, I'd have absolutely nothing to keep me entertained all day.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

haha this is such a good way of putting it....

Some people just can't handle the heat that they bring upon themselves. They know it's coming. And the mods are like "*kitten*..This again? Delete." Nobody posts something asinine and expects positive results. Maybe they're new to the internet..
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Only if they violate the forum guidelines and rules, which most of them do.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If they were all deleted, I'd have absolutely nothing to keep me entertained all day.

This.
  • geral4479WECHANGED
    Options
    Agreed. I wish the guys from yahoo and youtube take note.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I have chosen to ignore them now. It's crazy. Although it is a good way to weed people out.

I see the same thing here as on fb or comments under any given article....hate hate hate. Get a group of humans together and it doesn't take long before moral superiority takes over and the list of who to hate and why starts. lol.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Sadly, a moderator is going to come here and shut down this thread because this thread criticizes the policies or practices of the mods.

How do I know this? Because I started a light-hearted thread about the same topic and it got shut down. No strikes.