I have no support team in my life! HELP!

Options

Replies

• momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    I just started may 31st! I love MFP!!!! Love to support you!:flowerforyou:
  • photokelley
    Options
    You can add me. I just joined MFP but have been at this weight loss thing for a little bit. At first I lost quite a bit but like you I didn't really get much support for family and people around me. I'm the biggest of my 3 sisters and even as I lost and got smaller they still took every advantage to make sure I knew I was still the biggest. I fell off the wagon and am starting up again.
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you aren't getting the support that you should be. I was't getting it at first until I started talking to my manager at work (of all people). After it became apparent that I was losing weight, my boyfriend did jump in. Although, I think it's because he wants to lose weight, too. :) I try to comment as much as I'm able to. Feel free to add.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I know it is hard when you don't have support. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mrspurrnandez
    mrspurrnandez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I would love to help support you. I am sorry you do not have support at home but you have it here! Take care and better days ahead of you!:smile:
  • icecream314
    icecream314 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Change is never easy, but it starts today as right now! So much is mental toughness. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We all need motivation and support. MFP is a great place for that. Feel free to add me for additional support.
  • garyblouin
    Options
    I see you've lost 13 pounds? Over what time period by chance?

An observation ... I'm surprised with you having 50+ friends, no one is offering motiviational support. I don't think it's your friends ... I think it's this site.

This is my second time on this site. The first time, I ended up losing 5 pounds in 2 years. I decided to look at other sites and found a site called lose it!. http://www.loseit.com. Probably the best weight lose site I've ever seen. People are amazing with support but that is because every time you do something, everyone knows.

In three months using that site ... I lost 30 pounds ... probably lost 10 more pounds that I should have.

Why am I back here? I'm trying to gain weight; ie: muscle. So every time I registered my weight on lose it and had some weight gain ... my extended/far away friends who didn't know me all that well were saying "don't worry ... it'll come off" while I was trying to gain weight. Got a little tired of explaining my position every week that I was actually trying to gain weight.

Coming back to MFP allowed me to get some quiet time. If in the future I need to lose weight again, I'll jump back to lose it.

Best of luck.
    Gary.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    I am so thankful for all the support and reply's I am getting from my message board thank you all so much! :)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at keeping in contact with people. Not every day, but if a friend is active with me, I try to be active with them! So, feel free to add.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    I see you've lost 13 pounds? Over what time period by chance?

An observation ... I'm surprised with you having 50+ friends, no one is offering motiviational support. I don't think it's your friends ... I think it's this site.

This is my second time on this site. The first time, I ended up losing 5 pounds in 2 years. I decided to look at other sites and found a site called lose it!. http://www.loseit.com. Probably the best weight lose site I've ever seen. People are amazing with support but that is because every time you do something, everyone knows.

In three months using that site ... I lost 30 pounds ... probably lost 10 more pounds that I should have.

Why am I back here? I'm trying to gain weight; ie: muscle. So every time I registered my weight on lose it and had some weight gain ... my extended/far away friends who didn't know me all that well were saying "don't worry ... it'll come off" while I was trying to gain weight. Got a little tired of explaining my position every week that I was actually trying to gain weight.

Coming back to MFP allowed me to get some quiet time. If in the future I need to lose weight again, I'll jump back to lose it.

Best of luck.
    Gary.

Thanks for the advice shockingly I didn't have close to 50 friends when I posted this Board. I just got an amazing response from it. :) I have been back on for 27 days but I had lost about 3lbs before I got back on MFP.
  • addicted11
    Options
    congrats on the 13lb!! you are doing great and just keep doing what you are doing. the weight will come off. If you want you can add me!
  • meg3456
    meg3456 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just joined and know how you feel about the family comments. I have a relative who will take out old pictures of me from ten years ago and say to my children "look how much thinner your mom was back than" it is painful and hurtful.. I am not sure how the firend thing works but please add me if you want . Take one meal at a time and do it for you don't worry about other people.
  • noreen2012
    Options
    Be your own support team you are here for yourself not them right? I have support but the negative kind - not what I am looking for. So I had to look really deep into myself and figure out what my priorities were and what it was going to take to get there...Yes at first it was very hard to give into tempation or listen to others tell me how they would do things - one way does not work for all. So now I am doing what feels right to me - I have not lost a lot of weight thus far but I have gained the self confidence in myself that will carry me through my journey to better health and a more confident me--- friend me if you want :happy:
  • krisc15
    krisc15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    People just don't understand how their comments can derail your progress entirely. It's so easy to let negativity pull you down. We're all here to support you!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I love giving and getting support.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When no one thinks you can, and no one's got your back... that's when you know you HAVE to do it.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    To the people that said I could add them I have to do it tomorrow MFP is saying I've reached my limit for the day. lol. Thank you!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the commitment to yourself! That's a huge step that you should celebrate. And thirteen pounds is a good bit! Be proud!!!

In my experience the journey is sometimes a lonely one, even with support. I can't imagine how tough it would be without support!

Keep your chin up & eyes on the prize. You'll get to where you want to be!
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    Congrats on making the commitment to yourself! That's a huge step that you should celebrate. And thirteen pounds is a good bit! Be proud!!!

In my experience the journey is sometimes a lonely one, even with support. I can't imagine how tough it would be without support!

Keep your chin up & eyes on the prize. You'll get to where you want to be!

Thank you very much! :)