New to Website...

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Debra. I am a Mom of three, Grandmother to 2 and wife for 19 years. I have struggled with weight, up, down up down for more years than I care to admit. I got serious again about 2 years ago, the first year I lost 30 pounds early and then when summer came I abandoned my routine, because I volunteered at my sons ball park and it seemed I never had time...I gained back 10 pounds the last half of that year...I commited again this year, I started strong early, again taking off 30 pounds, but I have hit a standstill in weight loss since May of this year. I am so frustrated. I do a pretty good mix of cardio, strength and I even ran my first 5K in September of this year, and I ran the whole time, I was very proud of myself. I feel better and have more energy, but I can't get the fat to leave my stomach area, I heard about this website and I am going to track my calories....I am not thinking I am over eating, but maybe I am. I have been paying a lot more attention to labels and I am in total shock at the trans fat that hides everywhere, partially hyd oil is everywhere!
I work out 6 days a week for a least an hour and I still have over 50 pounds to lose...just looking to a new support group to help with my disappointments and triumps
I'm 43 and I started the year at 254, I am down to 222..but I would love to get under 200 by
the end of the year, but like I said I am stuck at the 220's for months now...
Good luck everyone, will try to log in daily.

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello Debra, you certainly picked the right time to join which is as soon as possible 22 pounds is attainable, keep track of reading labels their is, so much trans fats in so many foods can, box and bags it's ridiculous. Have a great day.

Jason
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Debra. I am a Mom of three, Grandmother to 2 and wife for 19 years. I have struggled with weight, up, down up down for more years than I care to admit. I got serious again about 2 years ago, the first year I lost 30 pounds early and then when summer came I abandoned my routine, because I volunteered at my sons ball park and it seemed I never had time...I gained back 10 pounds the last half of that year...I commited again this year, I started strong early, again taking off 30 pounds, but I have hit a standstill in weight loss since May of this year. I am so frustrated. I do a pretty good mix of cardio, strength and I even ran my first 5K in September of this year, and I ran the whole time, I was very proud of myself. I feel better and have more energy, but I can't get the fat to leave my stomach area, I heard about this website and I am going to track my calories....I am not thinking I am over eating, but maybe I am. I have been paying a lot more attention to labels and I am in total shock at the trans fat that hides everywhere, partially hyd oil is everywhere!
    I work out 6 days a week for a least an hour and I still have over 50 pounds to lose...just looking to a new support group to help with my disappointments and triumps
    I'm 43 and I started the year at 254, I am down to 222..but I would love to get under 200 by
    the end of the year, but like I said I am stuck at the 220's for months now...
    Good luck everyone, will try to log in daily.

Hi Debra, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile: