too much whinging!

Options

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    *whining

In before the other trolls!

Whinging is actually a word - British slang. Means the same as whining.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whinge

I knew that was a correct way to spell whining as well, but I didn't know it was slang...when said out loud is the G pronounced?

The "g" is pronounced - but it's not a long "i" sound.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    *whining

I knew that was a correct way to spell whining as well, but I didn't know it was slang...when said out loud is the G pronounced?
    Lol yes pronounce the g silent e
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    *whining

Yes. Soft 'g'.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    "whinging" <~~~ha ha
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    *whining

Whinging works.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/whinging
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    High Point TODAY! Dr. lowered my insulin today - A1C levels went from 8.2 to 5.9 from May 31st to now!!!! First Dr. visit in years where she said, all my bloodwork numbers were good, and don't have to come back for six months!

that is awesome!! good for you =)
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Wow well done you! Urmm I went strawberry picking today and actually ate a strawberry, if this had been last year or the year before that or the year before that I would've just point blank refused but I did it. Me: 1 anorexia: 0 haaaaa
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    earlier my husband ate an icecream in front of me and it really ticked me off. oh wait, that was someone else...
    Didn't I say I was just as guilty as everyone else? Now it's time to try to be positive duh!
    For those positive posts great keep 'em coming :)
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had to view this post because one of my best friends is Scottish and she says "No whinging!" to our kids every time we go on an excursion together. . It cracks me up. So my American born daughter of 5 years old knows what that means.

My high point is that I am ready to take my Taekwondo Black Belt test this Saturday: 2 hours of absolute physical and mental exhaustion.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Only Tuesday and already seeing weight lows for the week. I typically lose weight on towards the end of the week, destroy my progress over the weekend, and then just barely make a new low thursday or friday again.
    So, bodes well that I'm losing, and more than weekend weight, this early in the week.
    I don't know if that made sense, but hurray!
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Someone noticed that I had lost weight :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    British parents. I'll translate... "win-jing"

I haven't had time to have a high point today. I was too busy reading all the now-deleted threads.

... and laughing. Much laughing.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *whining

You Brits be Cray Cray!
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    British parents. I'll translate... "win-jing"

I haven't had time to have a high point today. I was too busy reading all the now-deleted threads.

... and laughing. Much laughing.

Laughing burns calories and builds ab muscles...or something like that. Sounds like a victory to me! :drinker:
  • bully_lady
    bully_lady Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    High point was last night when I did my Wii Active - weighed myself afterwards and, according to the Wii, I am at my goal. 80# total, gone. We'll see what the # is at my weigh-in this week, but just seeing the needle at 170 meant a LOT. I finished something, for once in my life! (I am a chronic project starter, not ender).
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    High point was last night when I did my Wii Active - weighed myself afterwards and, according to the Wii, I am at my goal. 80# total, gone. We'll see what the # is at my weigh-in this week, but just seeing the needle at 170 meant a LOT. I finished something, for once in my life! (I am a chronic project starter, not ender).

That is all kinds of awesome. Well done!
    :happy:
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    LMAO I just wanted to beat the the trolls that were out in full force today :)

To be completely fair, I'm American, so you can totally blame it on that if you prefer :smile:
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    My high point was today...after 36 freakin pounds someone FINALLY said, "Have you lost weight?" LOL WOOHOO!!!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    training hard everyday for my next half in Oct.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat a 4-course dinner in a 5 star restaurant tonight, and I'm going to have absolutely no guilt over it because I killed my workout yesterday and I'll kill it again tomorrow.

Sweet corn chowder, almond-crusted seared prawns, truffle risotto, flourless chocolate cake... Yeah it's gonna be awesome.