Eating to you blood type!

Options
2»

Replies

• Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It is pseudoscience which isn't backed by research but it seems that if you follow it, you will end up restricting calories and thus should lose weight.

So what I said verbatim...
  • gdbadass
    gdbadass Posts: 60
    Options
    I've never fad dieted, but will try this for my blood type, mostly because I AM cutting calories back and exercising daily, and don't see much change, so I am willing to see if tweaking my diet towards my blood type will help.

Different body types, ethnicities, ages, genders, etc, process food and gain or lose fat differently - that's undeniable. If I cut out some foods, add in other foods, using my Blood Type as my guide, AND I start to lose weight, that will be scientific evidence enough for me! :wink:
  • gdbadass
    gdbadass Posts: 60
    Options
    PS: Ann Louise Gittleman wrote a book about it - pretty easy read:

"Your Body Knows Best"
    http://www.amazon.com/Your-Body-Knows-Louise-Gittleman/dp/0671875914
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It is pseudoscience which isn't backed by research but it seems that if you follow it, you will end up restricting calories and thus should lose weight.

So what I said verbatim...

Who is Verbatim?

Also, we're not the rarest blood type, but we are the best. Not the best to be, just the best because we're heroes.
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi. I read 'Eat Right for Your Blood Type' some years ago. As someone else mentioned here, Type O are said to be the first 'official' humans - hunter-gatherers, and Type A came out of the farming communities that came later, who lived in settled groups and grew loads of crops. Type O are supposed to be more naturally carnivore and Type A more naturally vegetarian. I'm type A. I've never really followed the book as I already eat a lot of vegetarian food by choice - but I suppose it would work in that all the diets suggested for each blood type is probably 100 times better than the average Westerner's diet.

The book does give a lot of really interesting info on the kinds of diseases different blood types are susceptible too. It could be a load of twaddle, but I'm supposed to be prone to viruses, which is true for me, but have higher resistance to other illnesses. Worth a read at any rate. :happy:
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    C'mon guys... B positive... ;)
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    C'mon guys... B positive... ;)

Haha I'm B positive

I get to eat all the bacon!
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    I've got red blood, so I eat food.

That's why i eat it'll be the Red Blood i have i knew their was a reason :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: