Jillian michaels 30 day shred

Options
13»

Replies

• ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I started doing 30 day shred on march 1. I've been doing it 4-5 days a week with yoga and lots of exta walking. I'm bored to death but still have a few days of level 3 left. I can't say I've lost any weight but I've definately lost fat and gained musle.
    It's hard and if your majorly preoccupied with super fast loss you may be dissapointed. My focus is on getting stronger and building muscle and I'm super happy with my results so far. I hate the cardio but I love how easy it is to work into my day.

Also, I log it as circut training.
  • LovelyLdyLumps
    LovelyLdyLumps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I complete todays workout, I will have completed Day 13 - Level 2 of 30day shred. I've been trying to log how i feel via my excercise notes here and my blog. I love the dvd so far. Some of the excercises I will modify on certain days, becuase some of the squats really make my knees hurt.

I have found that 10 days of the same workout is about as long as I can last. By day 9 and 10 I was doing the 30ds twice in one day. For level two, I have incorporated wogging (walk/jog) and I absolutely love the moves on level 2.

I think the excitement from beginning and learning the routine on a level, getting the moves down pact, then doing the whole thing just right...that takes about 10 days, so as for boredom, this is working for me.

As for results, I feel more energetic. My body is not craving as much food. If I overeat, I actually don't feel very well. I feel "lighter" whereas before I felt that my body was heavy and dragging.
  • LovelyLdyLumps
    LovelyLdyLumps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @SusanTMI

Have you easured your inches? The first few days I dropped a pound and a day or two later I gained 3! However, I do feel alot better and feel I am beginning to get "sleeker"
  • kris_root_2014
    kris_root_2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im thinking about buying the DVD and trying the 30 day shred. Anyone have reviews they want to share about it? How much weight did you lose? How did you feel? Etc.

Thanks!!!

I bought my copy from Walmart. I LOVE it!! She kicks your butt!! I'm noticing a LOT of difference. I started at 213 doing a little Zumba. I got down to about 210 and started doing 30DS. I am now down to 198!! I haven't done it every day either. They say 10 days on each level. You can take more days if you can't get to the advance level. I tried not to go more than 2 days in between workouts. I can't do workouts at home, so I made sure I did it on Fridays and Mondays for sure. I slacked last week and didn't do it at all because my kids were on spring break and didn't go to work much. Started Level 2 day 1 today!! Whew!! It is intense, but I can clearly see my abs forming!! Sooo excited!! That lower belly pooch is shrinking fast!!!
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am seeing postive results already and down 3 pounds. I am only on day 7 level 1

you can do it for free on you tube.com be fit channel

try it out first and see how you like it before buying the dvd
  • kris_root_2014
    kris_root_2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh, and I really hate to say this out loud... 290lbs and I just did 20 minutes of 30DS Level 1 for the first time... and I need to throw up! I couldn't do the jumping jacks as done in the video BUT i did to a modified jumping jack... the modified push ups damn near killed me! I did as many as I could...

I will do this again tomorrow and keep on doing Level 1 until I can get through the WHOLE DAMN THING!!! :grumble:

Does anyone know how I add it to my exercise diary?

I actually added mine into the database. I put....

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1

Then for Level 2 I added the days:

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 2 - Day 1

I use my Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor to get the calories burned. I decided after I started Level 2 that I wanted to put each individual day in so that I can compare when I do the whole thing again later.