French Fry Motivation

SkyraBee
SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I just wanted to share with all of you the fact that even though I have been able to maintain my 30+ pounds down, I cannot give up french fries (with ranch of course; and not that low-fat crap!).

They are an addiction for me so instead of trying to stay away from them, I've turned them into my motivation. I use it as a tool to motivate me to work out, even when I feel like crap. This has allowed me to work out 6 - 7 days a week (amongst other motivators of course).

Point being: we can use food as a motivator, despite what some of the literature says. Think about it: When we deprive ourselves of all the things out there we love, we tend to fall off the wagon to "cheat". So instead of thinking of it as cheating, think of it as a motivator.

Don't do this every day of course, but it really has served me well. Anyone else out there use food as a motivator? Does it work for your? What other strategies do you use?

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    I don't really use it as a motivator, but I'll definitely 'budget" calories for something I really want. It'd have to be something pretty awesome to make me want to work out 6 days a week. :)
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello SkyraB, that's a very good idea. I don't do it my self, but if I know I will be eating a lot more than usual for a meal like a get together I will skip a meal or really even not eat anything & just eat the high calorie stuff. I know others are not going to find this that apealing but it work's for me very well, in order to not screw up my weight loss. :smile:

Jason
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    I dont really use it as a motivator. I do tend to work out longer and harder if I know I am going out to eat or whatever, so i have a few extra calories to work with and wont feel as guilty... but for the most part I dont need any more motivation to work out. The weight loss and better health is now motivation for me... which is new for me, never something i liked before, obviously LOL
  • I work out everyday except Sunday in order for me to have my 2 cups of coffee with 2 tbsp of hvy cream and 2 squares of Lindt Intense Mint Dark Chocolate. I do this daily. When I didn't, I would over indulge on my cheat days, so I budget it into my daily calories and I am a happy girl.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I just wanted to share with all of you the fact that even though I have been able to maintain my 30+ pounds down, I cannot give up french fries (with ranch of course; and not that low-fat crap!).

They are an addiction for me so instead of trying to stay away from them, I've turned them into my motivation. I use it as a tool to motivate me to work out, even when I feel like crap. This has allowed me to work out 6 - 7 days a week (amongst other motivators of course).

Point being: we can use food as a motivator, despite what some of the literature says. Think about it: When we deprive ourselves of all the things out there we love, we tend to fall off the wagon to "cheat". So instead of thinking of it as cheating, think of it as a motivator.

Don't do this every day of course, but it really has served me well. Anyone else out there use food as a motivator? Does it work for your? What other strategies do you use?

Oh YA, I've been doing that for the last year! :laugh:
    If I know I'm going to an all you can eat buffet, or a special dinner that I know is going to be fattening, or a party with lots of "goodies", I get in extra exercise, and then, ENJOY! :laugh: And then exercise some MORE! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.