Should i buy a dress to motivate me?

Options
I have set up goals where when i reach a goal i buy workout outfit, or shoes. And they work but ive been stuck at the same weight for a while. And i overeat cause i always just tell my self ill stop eating know and work out longer today. well i'm sick of it. so know im thinking theres not enough motivation anymore!!!! So i've been thinking recently ive discovered other people have used clothes to motivate them or something. Like a dress? or a bikini? so im really considering a nice dress thats a couple sizes smaller from wat i am now? then when i lose 15 pounds or so ill be able to feel good when i fit in it. i dont know?

tell wat u think

Replies

• RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I say do it.
    I have my senior prom dress hanging in my closet and it was a major motivator... and the day I put it on and it fit again, I felt so amazing!!!
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    I agree, I think it would be a great motivational tool.

However, don't buy like a 50 dollar "nice dress."

I would suggest that you go to BCBG, Guess, Nordstrom, etc. and find a dress that is absolutely KILLER stunning, but just a little too small. The price should be high enough so that you will keep going to work towards your goal consistently. ( I myself would stay between 200-350 and give myself a time limit... maybe the 90 day return policy period?... in this case, I would "start" now, but purchase the dress at a later time to ensure that you can still return the pricey dress if (heaven forbid) you don't reach your set goal in a certain given amount of time).

Anyway, if (AND WHEN) you do reach your goal and you can wear your fab dress on a night out, I think ripping off the pricey price tag will be soo much more worth it because you've more than earned it!
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    It depends. Is it really going to motivate you? I've tried that in the past. I ended up taking a lot of very nice clothes to Goodwill since I couldn't fit in them and never thought I would, all in the mindset of "I know I'll lose the weight this time because I have X". Didn't work for me. Only you know the honest answer to your question.