Crustless Spinach Mushroom Quiche-81 kcal w/pic!

Options
jms3533
jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
I created a modification of a quiche recipe recently posted to the Community topics. Very easy, tasty, and low in calories. No oil is used in this recipe, except for spraying the pie pan before adding ingredients.

DSCF3695.jpg

Crustless Spinach Mushroom Quiche
Serves 6 (from 9-inch pie pan)

Ingredients:

16 oz of fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 small boxes from produce section)
1 small onion sliced thin
1 TBS minced garlic (I used the garlic already minced in a jar)
2 cups of frozen chopped spinach (2 cups after you have thawed and drained the chopped frozen spinach)
red pepper flakes
salt (if desired)
Pepper

Custard:

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup Egg Beaters or generic equivalent
1/2 cup low moisture part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with Pam or the equivalent.

Cook mushrooms in a pan until they just begin to get soft. Remove and set aside in a bowl and leave their juice in the pan. Add sliced onions, red pepper flakes and garlic to the pan. Cook until onions are tender. Add the mushrooms and spinach to the pan and cook until the liquid evaporates. Add salt and additional pepper if desired. Cool a bit before adding to the liquid ingredients

In a separate large bowl, mix together almond milk, cheese, egg beaters and nutmeg. Add pan ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Pour into a sprayed 9-inch pie pan.

Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Allow to cool a bit before you cut it.
Cut in 6 pieces.

Nutrition Info per serving:

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sodium
81 6 2 10 2 190

Replies

• easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!!
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks...looks very good.
  • UmmShahad
    Options
    Bump, sounds great!
  • lynty55
    lynty55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    That looks yummy, but could anyone explain what egg beaters are please? Not sure it is something we have in UK.
  • wanitah1
    wanitah1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    bump for sure! That looks delish! I have been looking for a lower calorie quiche. Thanks :-)
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump for sure!
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi
    That looks yummy, but could anyone explain what egg beaters are please? Not sure it is something we have in UK.

Egg beaters are an egg substitute that usually come in a milk cartoon looking container. They are liquid, and typically 1/4 cup equals an egg in a recipe. You might just try egg whites. That's what I may try the next time I make it.